Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedia Community User Group Tanzania/Arts + Feminism Wikipedia Editathon
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are going to do One event.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We will use our social media pages (facebook, instagram, twitter, WhatsApp) and the meta page to let people know about the event.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes. We have at least 3 experienced editors and 3 Swahili Wikipedia admins to help out with the Event.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Some of the members especially those with at least 1 year of membership to our community have skills while the recently joined members and newbies have less skills but still during the event we plan to let them get mixed up with the experienced ones to ensure there is transition of skills between these two groups.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will encourage them to continue volunteering in different Wikimedia projects by asking them to follow up our Social media pages and meta page or by joining our community.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- YES.This will be the first time Art + Feminism event to be done in Tanzania. Hence its associated such as updating entries on Wikipedia will be accompanied with creating awareness of this project.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events-1
- Number of participants-25
- Number of new editors-5
- Number of of articles created or improved-15
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
1.Stationery (Pull up banner, flyers, leaflets,posters) =US$140 2.T-shirts 10@US$6 (Will be used as a prize to volunteers
who will show an outstanding contribution to Art&Feminism
articles also as a way of as a way to advertising this new
project in Tanzania) =US$60 3.Social Media promotion 2@30 =US$60 4.Generator backup =US$100 5.Transport 4@US$30 =US$120 6.Contingency =US$30 TOTAL =US$510
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Strong support I'm regional ambassador for Art+Feminism in Africa. This is the first A+F event the Wikimedia community in Tanzania is hosting. We will be supporting them for the cost of refreshment and internet only, and so the items they are requesting are reasonable. —M@sssly✉ 14:38, 15 February 2019 (UTC)