Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedia Community User Group Tchad/Wiki Loves Africa 2020 Tchad
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Introduce Wiki Loves Africa project to existing and new contributors of wiki commons, and share all about Wiki Loves Africa and its purpose.
- Boost commitment of Chadian contributors.
- Engage existing contributors and encourage them to continue contributing even when the contest is over.
- Create awareness about the Wikimedia movement and its activities.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
Wiki Loves Africa 2020 in Tchad will focus on training and photo shooting activities. pictures uploaded to Commons will be used to illustrate and improve articles on transport in Chad, Africa and other Wikimedia platforms
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
We will inform and invite, via our mailing list, members of our community to engage in the Wiki Loves Africa 2020 contest. Visuals and banners will be made available to the members of our User Group for communication on their personal social network accounts.
The Twitter and Facebook accounts and the User Group will be also used to invite to participate in the contest. All the social media platforms in our community will be in the colors of the contest for the duration of the competition; they shall be used to talk about related activities and promote the contest.
We will also take advantage of our network of journalists to communicate about the contest and engage the public.
All the activities, during the Wiki Loves Africa 2020 period, will be privileged moments of communication and awareness about the contest. We will use gadgets, flyers and goodies for this purpose.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
We will have a panel of judges who will set criteria for best images and use these as a basis to select the best images for local awards
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
We will hold weekly "Evening Editathons" where we will re-use uploaded photos to illustrate and enhance existing articles or to create new ones.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more: For photo contests:
- Number of participants: 30
- Number of photos uploaded: 700+
- Number of new users: 15
- 4 months after the contest, 500 of photos are used on wiki projects
- 4 months after the event, 50 of uploaded photos are categorized as valued, quality or featured.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Abakar B, Project Leader
- Yasmine Djibril Ahmat, project assistant
- Matarimi1, project assistant
- Fatakaya , logistic
- Korom10 , logistic
- The project team will benefit from the support of the User Group
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|S/N||Item||Quantity||Unit Cost (FCFA)||Total cost (FCA)||Total cost (USD)||Notes|
|1 Day of Photo walks/shoots|
|1||Vehicle hire + Fuel||1||118200||200||A vehicle will be hired for transportation of team during the photo-walk|
|2||Food and refreshments||30||59100||100||30 participants for the photo-walk|
|2 Days Upload Sessions/Workshops|
|3||Co-work space Rental||1||59100||100|
|4||Internet connection||1||72100||122||1 unit hot spot for the use of other participants|
|5||Snacks and Refreshments||30||147750||250||Planning for 30 participants per day|
|Other project costs|
|6||Contest prizes||3||-||206000||350||We will give awards to the winners interms of certificates and voucher cards. The voucher cards will be worthy $200, $100 and $50 for the first, second and third winner respectively|
|7||Certificates printing and frames for participants||10||117300||300||Certificates of participation will be given to the first ten winners|
|8||Marketing flyers||-||-||88650||150||including printing a banner for the event and making ads on FB page|
|9||Gifts for Jury members||3||118000||200|
|-||TOTAL PROJECT COST||1||-||1047252||1,772||**Forex rate used is $1 = 591.89, provided by the BEAC|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support Africa related contents are definitely needed Matarimi1 (talk) 12:53, 4 December 2019 (UTC)
- Support La participation du Tchad a Wiki Loves Africa mérite d'être encouragée Fatakaya
- Support Way to go ! Great to see you join ! Anthere (talk)
- Strong support The first participation of Tchad in Wiki loves Africa is very encouraged! Abdallahbigboy (talk)
- Strong support Une très belle initiative que je supporte infiniment Abdelsalam.safi (talk)