Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add new and improve existing images of monuments in Morocco.
- Improve the structure of the data related to monuments in Morocco.
- Recruit new contributors to Wikimedia projects, particularly Commons and Wikipedia contributors.
- Engage existing contributors to stay active and empower the local Wikimedia community.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The contest will essentially focus on improving the freely licensed and high quality images of monuments in Morocco. This is particularly important to help increase the quality of articles in Wikipedia (and sister projects) about Moroccan cultural heritage.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- The contest will be promoted through offline media and online platforms. Moroccan electronic newspapers and support of social media influencer may also be used to spread the word.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- A panel of at least three jury members will choose the top 10 images and the top three winners who will be awarded gift cards (e.g. Amazon gift cards).
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- To get images used on different Wikimedia projects, we use the following strategies
- - structuring the monument databases (i.e. Wikidata) with tables of monuments without images.
- - organising at least one edit-a-thon at the end of the contest to select and make use of the best images (e.g. Wikipedia ar-fr-en).
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Photowalk(s) may be organized in one or more Moroccan cities during and shortly after the contest period. The Wikidata database of classified monuments will be improved based on data from the Moroccan Ministry of Culture.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants: at least 100 people.
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: at least 500 photos of which at least 50 should either be high quality or of a not previously photographed monument.
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: at least 5-10 % of the newly high quality uploaded images .
- Number of new photographed monuments: at least 10 monuments.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- 3-4 active members and I (i.e. the grantee) from the user group will help with different tasks such as preparing, promoting, documenting and organizing the contest. The jury will consist of three amateur/professional photographers.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Gift cards (600 USD in total): 1st with 250 USD, 2nd with 200 USD and 3rd with 150 USD
- [Photowalk(s): informally done by few volunteers!]
- Incidental 100 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!