Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedians of Cameroon User Group/Wiki Loves Africa 2017 in Cameroon
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add more images about occupations in our country and improve articles by integrating these images in their related articles or creating articles for non existing articles on occupations in our country.
- Recruit and train new editors through the various photo expeditions, upload sessions and edit-a-thons.
- Engage existing editors to contribute to Commons and other sister projects.
- Create awareness about the Wikimedia movement and its activities.
- Presentation of the contest / launching with a press conference : 1 event in October
- Workshop about the events and how to participate : 1 event, mid-October
- Uploads session : 6 events
- Training session : 1 event
- 1 closing ceremony with team and invited guests and celebration of local winners
- Photo exhibition (15 images) will be held at Goethe Institute
- Post contest integration edit-a-thon : 1 event to be held in January
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The contest will focus on visuals and audio visuals about the various occupations, professions and jobs in our country. This quest is important in documenting every aspect of Cameroon in the attempt to sharing knowledge about our country.It will also be the occasion to take pictures on the neglected trades, the small trades.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We will use our social media channels, news, television, the mailing list for the community and other tech and volunteer communities to reach out to enthusiasts.
We will also use the network of photographers with whom we have partnerships. 3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes? We will have a panel of judges who will set criteria for best images and use these as a basis to select the best images for local awards .
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- We will have follow up edit-a-thons to help integrate some of these uploaded images into existing articles on Wikipedia and using Wikidata for other languages too. For the ones without existing articles, we will create new articles so as to make use of them.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This edition is a continuation of previous editions.
As an innovation, the local jury, the photo exhibition which will allow us to strengthen the visibility of the project, the activities of the foundation in Cameroon and strengthen collaboration with photographers.
'How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants : 30
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons : 1000
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects : 500
- Artista Poetica
- Happiraphael (Photographer)
- nekisvincent (Photographer)
- Nicolas Eyidi (Jury, partnerships)
- Linda Dreisen (Jury, partnerships)
- Hako Hankson (Jury, partnerships)
We are willing to spend it according to this plan:
|Wiki Loves Africa 2017|
|Awards for participants (4 winners)||295 dollars|
|Gifts for 3 jury members||161 dollars|
|Press conference (press, television, aperitif)||143 dollars|
|Printing pictures, frames and tripods (15 photos)||403 dollars|
|Communication support and gadgets (Roll Up : 145,60 USD, Stickers : 36,40 USD
T-shirt (Buying and printing) : 209,30 USD, Posters : 68,25 USD, Flyers : 45,50 USD, Outdoor Floating Roll Up : 69,16 USD, pens : 50,05 USD, Caps : 45,50 USD, Conception : 45,50 USD)
|Vernissage and award ceremony||107 dollars|
|Upload Sessions||21 dollars|
|Session meeting in Yaounde||68 dollars|
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!