Grants:Project/Rapid/Yoruba Wikimedians User Group/Wikipedia 20th Anniversary
- What kind of event(s) or activities are you planning to hold for your Wikipedia 20 event? Please let us know if these events include a meetup, edit-a-thons, workshops, photowalks, contests, or any kind of campaign.
- Meetup & workshop
- Online Awareness Campaign
|10:00AM - 10:30AM||Registration||All|
|10:30AM - 11:00AM||Opening remark||User:Agbalagba (President, Yoruba Wikimedians User Group)|
|11:30AM - 12:00||Introduction to Wikipedia & Yoruba Wikipedia||User:Agbalagba|
|12:00 Noon - 12:30||Break||All|
|Technical Session 1|
|12:30PM - 1:00PM||Wikipedia account creation||User:Kaizenify|
|1:00pm -1:30PM||Diacritical marks configuration/settings and usage||User:T Cells|
|1:30PM - 2:30PM||NPOV||User:Macdanpets|
|2:30PM - 3:00PM||Lunch|
|Technical Session 2|
|3:00PM - 4:00PM||Content Translation Tool||User:Agbalagba|
|4:00PM - 4:30PM||Questions & Answers||Moderator:User:Sowoletoyin|
|4:30PM - 5:30PM||Cake-cutting, Celebration and photographs||All participants|
- If participants will be contributing to Wikimedia projects (such as in an edit-a-thon), do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? (If you are not doing this kind of event, please write N/A or leave the section below blank)
- Yes, we have experienced Wikimedia editors to facilitate it. They include User:Agbalagba, User:T Cells (sysop), User:Macdanpets
- If participants will be contributing to Wikimedia projects (such as in an edit-a-thon), do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them? (If you are not doing this kind of event, please write N/A or leave the section below blank)
- Yes, they have the equipment or skills needed to participate
- How will you promote and let participants know about your Wikipedia 20 event? Please describe or link to the spaces you will be using to inform your community about your activities. Please note there are resources available to support your communications for Wikipedia 20 events.
- How will you keep participants engaged after the event is over? How will you be sharing photos, videos, or other content from your activities after they are completed?
- Photos, videos, or other content from our event would be published on Wikimedia Commons and shared on social media platforms
- Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- See the risk assessment report
- Please confirm below that you have listed your event on the WP20 page on Meta-wiki.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- The event would include a meetup, capacity building, cake-cutting. A video about a brief history of Wikipedia and the Yoruba Wikipedia and the years of work that has been put into developing the encyclopedia would be featured with some celebrities wishing Wikipedia a happy anniversary.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project: \ This project would be considered successful if
- at least 25 people participate:
- at least 10 new people participate:
- at least 5 people help organize the event:
- If at least 20 articles created or improved (if applicable):
- If at least one awareness video is produced and viewed by at least 10,000 people
If you are organizing a meetup or event without any contributions to celebrate Wikipedia 20, we request that you ask participants to complete a brief survey to understand their experience and impact of your event. This survey will not request any personally identifying information. Will you be able to collect this information either during or after your event? (If you are not doing this kind of event, please write N/A or leave the section below blank)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding). We have the following resources
- Experienced editors: User:Agbalagba, User:T Cells (sysop), User:Macdanpets
- Training materials
- Devices including laptops
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
Exchange in local currency is based on the Oanda.com
|S/N||Item||Quantity||Unit Cost (NGN)||Total cost (NGN)||Total cost (USD)||Notes|
|1st Day - Conference|
|1||Conference Room/Hall||1||120,000||120,000||315.79||A conference hall for a full day for the event|
|2||Internet||1||20,000||20,000||53||This is for alternative internet at the event venue|
|3||Refreshments (Coffee breaks, Lunch with drinks)||30||5,000||150,000||394.74||Refreshments (Coffee breaks, Lunch with drinks for participants and facilitators|
|4||Birthday Cake||1||20,000||20,000||53||Wikipedia 20 Birthday Cake|
|5||Stationary||-||-||50,000||132||Wikipedia 20 branded jotters, stickers, pens, etc.|
|6||Conference tags||30||700||21,000||55.26||Tags for participants and facilitators|
|8||T-Shirts||10||3,000||30,000||80||Wikipedia 20 branded T-shirts for some key organizers and participants.|
|9||DSLR Camera Rental||1||20,000||20,000||53||One camera will be rented to cover the event|
|10||Awareness video production||1||250,000||250,000||657.90||Awareness video production|
|11||Contingency and miscellany||1||50,000||50,000||132||unforeseen expenses|
Endorsements are not needed for events related to Wikipedia 20. Community members are welcome to provide feedback or questions on the talk page.