Grants:Project/Rapid/Yusuf Sa'adu/Wikipedia workshop in Funtua
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add and improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are going to do a series training and Edit-a-thon. It's a three days event, first day is about training envited participants and next two days is about Edit-a-thon to create articles and improving some articles of Hausa Wikipedia.
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- I will let them know through our Hausa Wikipedia Discussion page and social media handles such as WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook.
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- This also be done through social medias such Facebook chat and WhatsApp.
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Most participants have mobile phones, so the only support they need only data during the training.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- I will create a WhatsApp group for the participants to keep them engaged.
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below: Yes This is the link
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events - 3
- Number of Participants - 30
- Number of new Users 20
- Number of articles created or improved 100
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) 10
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I Yusuf Sa'adu will lead t event with the help of three pacilitators.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|S/N||Item||Quantity||Unit Cost (NGN)||Total cost (NGN)||Total cost (USD)||Notes|
|1||Training space||3 days||70,000||210,000||510.95||hall for the training venues.|
|2||Data (internet access)||1||30,000||90,000||218.98||Data for internet access during the trainings|
|3||Laptop and Projector renting||1||20,000||60,000||145.99||Laptop and Projector will be rented for the event|
|4||Snacks and refreshments||30 x 3 days||2,000||180,000||437.98||40 participants to participate for the training|
|5||Bus tickets||4 x 3days||2,000||24,000||145.99||Bus tickets to/from to reimburse organizers for the training|
|6||Banner||1||40,000||40,000||97.32||Banner to be used during the training and for future initiatives|
|7||Branded T shirt &||4||5,000||20,000||48.66||This for Organizer and 3 Facilitators|
|8||Contingency fees||During the whole event||30,000||30,000||78.74||for contingency|
|-||TOTAL PROJECT COST||1||692,366.49||692,366.49||1684.59||**Forex rate used is $1 = 411.00, provided by the Central Bank of Nigeria|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!