Grants:Project/Rapid/Yves Madika/Wikipedia 20th Anniversary in Lubumbashi
- What kind of event(s) or activities are you planning to hold for your Wikipedia 20 event? Please let us know if these events include a meetup, edit-a-thons, workshops, photowalks, contests, or any kind of campaign.
- If participants will be contributing to Wikimedia projects (such as in an edit-a-thon), do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? (If you are not doing this kind of event, please write N/A or leave the section below blank)
- Yes, we have the experience required to bring this project to a successful conclusion.
- If participants will be contributing to Wikimedia projects (such as in an edit-a-thon), do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them? (If you are not doing this kind of event, please write N/A or leave the section below blank)
- Yes, some participants will bring their laptops.
- How will you promote and let participants know about your Wikipedia 20 event? Please describe or link to the spaces you will be using to inform your community about your activities. Please note there are resources available to support your communications for Wikipedia 20 events.
- How will you keep participants engaged after the event is over? How will you be sharing photos, videos, or other content from your activities after they are completed?
- We will engage the participants through the WhatsApp group and put all the pictures and videos on Wikimedia DRC social media accounts and also on Wikimedia Commons. To keep the momentum going, we are planning one month (February) of WikiPermanence to properly engage new contributors.
- Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- This event celebrating the second decade of Wikipedia will be held in person. As a reminder, the government has already authorized gatherings of more than 20 people under strict observation of barrier gestures: wearing masks, social distancing, hand washing, use of hydro-alcoholic gel, disinfection of premises, etc. Risk assessment protocol
- Please confirm below that you have listed your event on the WP20 page on Meta-wiki.
- Yes, I have listed my event on the WP20 page on meta-wiki.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants: +20
- Number of new participants: +15
- Number of people who will help organize the event: 2-5
- Number of articles created or improved (if applicable): 40
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable): N/A
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable): N/A
If you are organizing a meetup or event without any contributions to celebrate Wikipedia 20, we request that you ask participants to complete a brief survey to understand their experience and impact of your event. This survey will not request any personally identifying information. Will you be able to collect this information either during or after your event? (If you are not doing this kind of event, please write N/A or leave the section below blank)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Venue : $125 * 3 = $375
- Internet = $150
- Food : $10 * 3 days * 20 pers = $600
- Materials (pen, block note, etc.) and Communication : $150
- Prints (Badge, Book let,flyers, goodies, etc.) : $100
- Birthday Cake = $50
- T-shirt : $13 * 15 pers = $195
- Roll-up and Stand : $180
- Miscellaneous(Logistics, Bank charges) = $70
Total : $1870
Endorsements are not needed for events related to Wikipedia 20. Community members are welcome to provide feedback or questions on the talk page.