Below is your approved budget. Please use this table to keep track of actual funds spent for each line item and list the difference from the approved budget at the end of the grant period.
|Expense||Approved amount||Actual funds spent||Difference|
|Project Manager(20 hours a week for 45 weeks)||5630.625 USD||5630.625||0|
|Travel, accomodations and Occasional contractors (project assistant, digitization professionals)||5280.365 USD||5280.365||0|
|Equipment||5174 USD||5271.95 USD (including 1098 USD customs fee not included in initial estimate from company that shipped scanner)||-97.95|
|Events||2530 USD||2325.53||204.47 USD|
We understand that sometimes plans change. Please use this button to request approval for changes to your grant’s budget while your project is in progress. Any variation of 20% or more to any line item in your budget must be approved by staff here before you make the change (for projects with budgets of $15,000 or more, the accepted variance is 10%).
Budget change request
1369.5 USD additional amount is requested from the equipment budget.
- 1098 USD was the customs duty that was not mentioned by the retailer in the original cost estimate for the DIY scanner. However, after it was shipped, we had to pay the amount to claim the order from the Indian post-office.
- The additional cost is due to the hike in price of the items, the original estimate was taken from the amazon website during the discount season but during the time of purchase the cost price elevated.
- There was difficulty in assembling of DIY Scanner due to some missing manual instructions which is a very technical cost, so we paid additional 142 USD to have it assembled.
- @Wikilover90: Thanks for your budget change request, and for providing details around the unexpected costs with the DIY scanner. This request for an additional 1369.5 USD is approved. From our discussion, I know that these custom duties were not anticipated, but please keep in mind that if you are expecting to pay these kinds of customs or duties for imported items, this can be requested as a part of your budget for future grants. It's important to us that grantees aren't in a position where they have to pay out of pocket for a critical component of your project! Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 19:24, 18 November 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you for the update and yes, we will keep in mind about the customs duty in the future grants. Regards Wikilover90 (talk) 17:53, 20 November 2019 (UTC)