Grants talk:PEG/WM ES/Wiki Loves Monuments Spain 2013
Thanks for the submission. The grant proposal looks fine and reasonable to me and my only questions are the following:
- What is the license of the book Wikipedia de la A a la W that you plan to award to the 10 best photographers, the best uploader and the jury members?
- Can you illustrate your measures of success by introducing some realistic numbers to it? Since you've already organised the contest last year with remarkable results, such as coming on the second place in the number of photographs uploaded during the contest (only behind Poland), I suppose that you have some scenarios for this year as well.
- Hi! Thank you for your questions
- The book is copyrighted because the conditions of the publishing house, but it's the only book in Spanish about Wikipedia (it was written by a WMES member). We think that this is a good gift for jury members and the best participants: it's quite cheap and it's a way to do outreach.
- I guess that an amount of 15000-20000 pictures will be a success and more than 10000 will be only OK. Last year in Spain near 40.000 pintures were uploaded, but about 20000 were be uploaded by only three users, so all other users uploaded "only" 20000. First year we got 18.000 pictures. This amount is more realistic. More that 40.000 pictures this year will be a great success, sure, but we don't know if we could get it or not.
A question from WMES
I have a question. We planned to have five members of the jury, but now we have a commintment because a partner (OKFN Spain) should propose a member of the jury. We talked with more people because we didn't have the member of OKFN and we needed 5, but now we have six (the first five and the new one from OKFN). Could we spend some money of the grant (there is some amount for unespected expenses) for one extra book for this new jury member? It's a very small amount of money but I prefer to ask it before doing something wrong. Thanks. --Millars (talk) 18:55, 5 September 2013 (UTC)