The first comment is about the past expenses. I have nothing specific to ask, if you spent this money, I cannot evaluate the overestimation; it's a fact and I suppose that you can give an evidence of this cost. About the future costs I have no big comment and the cost seems to me reasonable. What is a little bit unclear is the list of the projects you plan for 2013. I suggest to make a clearer list of the projects it may be using a more useful table. --Ilario (talk) 08:21, 31 July 2013 (UTC)
Comments and questions
Hi, a few problems:
- Is it really more than US$6 million you're asking for? I wonder whether we could regularise the currency formatting (and just to the nearest euro/dollar?). And could you fix up the inconsistent commas and periods in the budget, please?
- The link for your 5.0 EFT of staffing goes to the WMF staff page. You have five full-time staff and you're asking for tiny little petty-cash items?
- In principle, I believe the WMF should not fund past expenditure unless the circumstances are extenuating. I suppose it's a trivial amount (although not well explained ... what are "visit cards" for two members? What is "speak for teachers"? I'm wondering why you didn't apply in December last year. Reverse funding it goes against general principles of accountability.
- Certificates for 8 euros ... how many? Seems too cheap for anything.
- Ceremony ... could you at least say whether it's hire of venue, coffee and biscuits?
- I know the WLM people were, amazingly, given a slush fund last week of thousands of dollars, but I don't approve of funding for a "reserve". Again, it goes against general principles of accountability.
- Count me as the anti-T-shirt, anti-printing guy. Just how is this money well spent on promotion when it's supposed to related directly to online projects. Are you promoting to people without internet access?
- Travel items: could we know whether it's by helicopter or bicycle? And from where to where, generally?
- I don't understand the link between the 2% tax and becoming financially independent.
- Inconsistency fixed - I am not native English speaker...
- In which part is written we have full-time employee? The team of WMSK is fully volunteer now and big part of our expenses we have paid from our own pocket, there is no full-time employee.
- Please read in "Project goal" section.
- I have especially asked people from WMF grant program about reverse funding and I have followed their advices. WMSK is new organisation and we hadn't bank account even before Milan WM Conference, and we preferred not to overuse our fiscal sponsor as it's a little bit more complicated. "Visit cards" are "business cards. I was invited to speak to teachers of basic and high schools about Wikipedia an WMF's projects in education, see my slides.
- They are certificates for winners about winning of WLM. The cost was calculated by WLM SK's first person, User:Jetam2, by his past experience from WLM SK 2012.
- We now thinking where to set the ceremony - we are organising meeting of Central and Eastern European Wikimedias so it would be able to make ceremony during it. More details know User:Jetam2 as WLM SK's first person.
- "Reserve" is relative common in grant request, for example when one make grant request to European body it is normal to ask up to 7% of total cost for not expected affairs. Of course, if we will not need the reserve we repay it as well.
- T-shirts for WLM are expected as prizes for winners (10) for very important partners and sponsors and the rest for organisers during not-hight official meetings.
- It depends. Our presidium prefer to travel by bus or train and generally from our home to sponsors, partners, place of speak or seminar. We suppose that Commons photographers will travel from their home to object of interest for Commons, preferrated mean of travel is bus or train, or another mean if effective and reasonable cost.
- Added link to description.
- --KuboF (talk) 10:40, 6 August 2013 (UTC)
- Some more details added. I stress that GLAM is for us in state of proof-of-concept. --KuboF (talk) 10:40, 6 August 2013 (UTC)
- Thankyou Kubo. My apologies for the delay responding, I have just returned from Wikimania. Can I ask then if the funds will be spent on things like travel, meeting expenses, etc. to allow volunteers to meet and work with the GLAMs? Or are there other expenses you expect? It is only a relatively small amount of money, but it is important to know what it will be used for. Craig Franklin (talk) 11:32, 14 August 2013 (UTC).
With the grantee, WMF has agreed to the following interim reporting schedule, since the term of this grant is longer than 12 months:
- A report on past expenses will be submitted before 15 November 2013.
- A report on the Wiki Loves Monuments activities will be submitted before 31 December 2013.
- An interim report on the annual activities will be submitted before 30 June 2014.
- A final report will be submitted within 60 days of the completion date, or by 1 March 2015.
Change of line-item - Wikipedia contest
I ask for move a fund from line-item "Wikipedia contest Day of financial literacy" to line-item "Reserve". The reason is changed agreement between us and contest partner - it was intended that winners will need meet in person to receive the prizes (on charge of WMSK) but it was changed that personal meeting is optional an post costs are on charge of the second partner. The second partner is foundation Nadácia PARTNERS. --KuboF (talk) 20:24, 25 October 2013 (UTC)
- This is approved. Please note this amount is still part of the funds you will need to report about at the end of the grant (of course). Asaf Bartov (WMF Grants) talk 23:27, 25 October 2013 (UTC)
Change of deadline for report of Wiki Loves Monuments activities
I ask for change of deadline for providing an interim report for Wiki Loves Monuments activities. The reason is problem with ceremony venue which was proposed by our main partner, Slovakia Institute of Monuments, but wasn't confirmed after that. This problem leaded to time shifting of prizes giving. But this delay we want to use to provide more prizes to our winners (calendars from the international WLM team, what wasn't supposed at begining), what is not able to do until proposed deadline.
I ask to change the deadline to January 31 2014.
- Thank you KuboF. This change to the reporting schedule is approved, and we will expect this interim report for the WLM portion of the grant by 31 January 2014. Best regards, Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 02:36, 26 December 2013 (UTC)
I ask for new change of deadline for reporting. The original report is published on Grants:PEG/Wikimedia Slovakia/Start-up/Report/Wiki Loves Monuments but the project isn't finished yet. We have just now received WLM calendars, which we are going to send to winners as prize and to jury and supporters as little gift. The project should be finished after 2 weeks and report will be done one week after that. I ask to change the deadline to 19.3.2014. --KuboF (talk) 00:02, 27 February 2014 (UTC)