Grants talk:Project/Creating Online training resources for Telugu Wikipedia
Thanks for beginning to draft your proposal for the Project Grants open call! I wanted to make sure you are aware that we are hosting proposal clinics for applicants to ask questions and get feedback. If you would like to attend, you can find the dates, times, and videoconference links posted on this page: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project#Upcoming_Proposal_Clinics. These are optional opportunities to get support improving your proposal. Let me know if you have any questions! Good luck with finishing your proposal for the February 10 deadline!
Reminder: Change status to proposed to submit
IMPORTANT: Please note that you must change your proposal status from "draft" to "proposed" by the submission deadline in order for your proposal to be reviewed in the current round. When your proposal has been successfully submitted, it will show up in the "Open proposals" list (it may take several minutes for the list to update after you submit it). Applications that are not completely filled out and correctly submitted by the deadline will not be reviewed. To submit your proposal, you must complete all fields of the application and then:
- 1. Click on "edit source"
- 2. Change "|status=DRAFT" to "|status=PROPOSED"
- 3. Click the "Publish changes" button.
Eligibility confirmed, Round 1 2021 - Community Organizing proposal
We've confirmed your proposal is eligible for review in Round 1 2021 for Community Organizing projects. This decision is contingent upon compliance with our COVID-19 guidelines. If your proposal includes travel and/or offline events, you must ensure that all of the following are true:
- You have reviewed and can comply with the guidelines linked above.
- If necessary because of COVID-19 safety risks, you can complete the core components of your proposed work plan _without_ offline events or travel.
- You are able to postpone any planned offline events or travel until the Wikimedia Foundation’s guidelines allow for them, without significant harm to the goals of your project.
- You include a COVID-19 planning section in your activities plan. In this section, you should provide a brief summary of how your project plan will meet COVID-19 guidelines, and how it would impact your project if travel and offline events prove unfeasible throughout the entire life of your project. If you have not already included this in your proposal, you have until February 28 to add it.
The Community review period is now underway, from February 20-March 4. We encourage you to make sure that stakeholders, volunteers, and/or communities impacted by your proposed project are aware of your proposal and invite them to give feedback on your talkpage. This is a great way to make sure that you are meeting the needs of the people you plan to work with and it can help you improve your project.
- If you are applying for funds in a region where there is a Wikimedia Affiliate working, we encourage you to let them know about your project, too.
- If you _are_ a Wikimedia Affiliate applying for a Project Grant: A special reminder that our guidelines and criteria require you to announce your Project Grant requests on your official user group page on Meta and a local language forum that is recognized by your group, to allow adequate space for objections and support to be voiced).
Please feel free to ask questions and make changes to this proposal as discussions continue during the community review period. By March 4, make sure that your proposal has incorporated any revisions you want to make and complies with all of our guidelines. If you have not already done so, you can make use of our project planning resources to improve your proposal further, too.
The Project Grant committee's formal review for round 1 2020 will occur March 5 through March 20, 2021. We ask that you refrain from making any further changes to your proposal during the committee review period, so we can be sure that all committee members are scoring the same version of the proposal.
Grantees will be announced Friday, April 22, 2021. Sometimes we have to make some changes to the round schedule. If that happens, it will be reflected on the round schedule on the Project Grants start page.
We look forward to engaging with you in this Round!Questions? Contact us at projectgrants wikimedia · org.
Aggregated feedback from the committee for Creating Online training resources for Telugu Wikipedia
|(A) Impact potential
|(B) Community engagement
|(C) Ability to execute
|(D) Measures of success
|Additional comments from the Committee:
This proposal has been recommended for due diligence review.
The Project Grants Committee has conducted a preliminary assessment of your proposal and recommended it for due diligence review. This means that a majority of the committee reviewers favorably assessed this proposal and have requested further investigation by Wikimedia Foundation staff.
- Aggregated committee comments from the committee are posted above. Note that these comments may vary, or even contradict each other, since they reflect the conclusions of multiple individual committee members who independently reviewed this proposal. We recommend that you review all the feedback and post any responses, clarifications or questions on this talk page.
- Following due diligence review, a final funding decision will be announced on Friday, April 22, 2021.
Response to committee comments
- Thanks for reviewing the project and providing valuable comments. Following are some clarifications for some comments and changes we made:
- We have added our evaluation plan in Evaluation and Scaling out under the sub-section activities, added our goal where we aimed "Every material to pass through Primary revision, feedback considered revision and a final revision." Introduced metrics "Number of users participated in evaluation process" and "Number of iterations or versions that were produced or improved" accordingly.
- We inteded "priliminary phase" (which is from Feb-June 2021) to be research phase where we are mapping existing help content and training materials. We now clarified this in "Preliminary Period (February–June 2021)" under the Sub-section Activities.
- We reviewed budget and also added clarification about how we intended to use the equipment during and after the project period.
- This project idea was discussed and developed in Telugu Wikipedia village pump where some active Wikimedians provided suggestions and endorsed the project enthusiastically during December 2020. We updated those details and links in the section "Community Notification". While we are mapping the help pages in Telugu Wikipedia and finding out gaps & issues in project sub page, one of the active wikipedians who is not part of this team is contributing to the activity by providing feedback. I hope this can be taken as a sign of interest from community. Unfortunately we missed providing the links where discussion happened earlier. We tried to fix it now.
- Please let us know if there is anything else. Here is the revision in which I made all of the changes to the page after committee provided the comments. --Pavan santhosh.s (talk) 17:52, 7 April 2021 (UTC)