Grants talk:Project/Literary Content Development- Multiple Languages (LCD-ML)
- 1 October 11 Proposal Deadline: Reminder to change status to 'proposed'
- 2 Eligibility confirmed, round 2 2016
- 3 Questions by Joalpe
- 4 Response by Drcenjary
- 5 Comments of Ruslik0
- 6 Reply from Dr Cenjary
- 7 Aggregated feedback from the committee for Literary Content Development- Multiple Languages (LCD-ML)
- 8 Hopefully next time
- 9 5 languages compain is a great work
October 11 Proposal Deadline: Reminder to change status to 'proposed'
The deadline for Project Grant submissions this round is October 11th, 2016. To submit your proposal, you must (1) complete the proposal entirely, filling in all empty fields, and (2) change the status from "draft" to "proposed." As soon as you’re ready, you should begin to invite any communities affected by your project to provide feedback on your proposal talkpage. If you have any questions about finishing up or would like to brainstorm with us about your proposal, there are still two proposal help sessions before the deadlne in Google Hangouts:
Eligibility confirmed, round 2 2016
This Project Grants proposal is under review!
We've confirmed your proposal is eligible for round 2 2016 review. Please feel free to ask questions and make changes to this proposal as discussions continue during this community comments period.
The committee's formal review for round 2 2016 begins on 2 November 2016, and grants will be announced in December. See the schedule for more details.
Questions by Joalpe
Hi, thank you for your proposal.
- The current grant request is vague in terms of metrics, success rates and use of money. Could you please specify much more each of these elements?
- Are you saying there is no strong history of activities in Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit (SSUS)? If there have been activities, could you please provide a descriptive account?
- Wouldn't it make more sense to start with a smaller-scale activity? If it is true that no previous activity has been organized, risks associated to your workshop --which have had little endorsement so far-- might be too high. Perhaps to host initially an edit-a-thon or a contest, that you may be able to fund through a rapid grant, might make more sense. What do you think?
- Could you please precise your expected rate of female participation? A major element in building a Wikimedian community is making sure we are able to tackle seriously the gender gap, as you probably know.
Response by Drcenjary
Hi, Joalpe. I am happy on two counts. 1. You have shown interest in the project 2. You are from the Teaching Stream. You have asked Four questions/Points. 1. The first one is about metrics, success and money.
2. History of Wiki activity/activities 3. Size of the activity, type of the activity- either contest or edit-a-thon, type of funds rapid grants or other type. 4. Gender ratio
The detailed answers/points are here:
- The event is taking place in a university, where full fledged departments of languages (for which grants sought) are functioning. PARTICIPANTS. We are about to select a few from the available many. The participants will be selected only if they know computer typing and will be at ease to spare some time regularly. Each department have sufficient no of teachers, research scholars and students. Since the idea has been discussed at the the Academic Council and Departmental councils of different departments (through the Head of the Departments) who were there at the Academic Council. The idea also has been discussed at the Research Scholars forum as well. After an introduction (First Half day/Full day). they will be in a position to do an edit-a-thon on the day second. The third and Fourth day either they can continue with edit-a-thon and adding studs as well. the studs will be added with an understanding that the same will be developed by them in the coming months.(at least six months). We are likely to meet at least once in a month (Twice also if it is possible) to clear their doubts and take the stock of their progress. The doubts can also be cleared by each other meeting here and there in the campus. This is to be noted that Five languages (Wikis) will be guided and supervised by the five active users from that particular wikipedias. Either one the given two names will be physically available not only on the first four days but also on the six (at least ) or more meetings. Since all of us are volunteers. Hence SUCCESS OF THE PROGRAMME AT ANY COST CAN BE ASSURED. Money will be spent of course frugally during the whole process as per the suggestions we are likely to get from you side.
- History we have to create through this initiative. But all participants are aware about Wikipedia. It is also a fact that they heard about Wikipedia but don't know that how it works and how content develops.
- Of course we can think of some smaller activity too. But in the University level (especially in the scenario of Indic Languages) only activity will be preferred which is concrete and solid one, where they can be assemble again and again in a disciplined manner with strategically aimed goals (here it is Literary Content Development (LCD)). Hopefully the event will create an aura of Win Win Situation.
- There is a huge scope of reducing gender gap. It is also a fact that the female students and research scholars are more in number in all departments of the university. Since residential facility is available at the campus the female participation is also assured. Among the teachers are also good number of (at least 50%) females are there.
Comments of Ruslik0
Thanks for your proposal. However it suffers from a number of problems:
- The project duration is not specified.
- What you wrote in "Project plan" section is not really a plan.
- There is no budget.
- The project activities are not specified.
- No specific measures of success are provided.
- Can you provide links to the discussions that you mention in "Community engagement" section?
- My general impression is that the project is not ready for prime time. It still needs a lot of work.
Reply from Dr Cenjary
Hi, Your comments are well come. Thanks for the same.
*The project duration is not specified. Already I have specified that it will be an event of 4 (four days). Six more meetings (At least one every month) for sixth meeting. as shown here below.
|1||Day=1||Inauguration by Vice Chancellor/Registrar, Introduction of Wikipedia/Wiki books/Wikisource to (all languages together), Introduction of Wikipedia/Wiki books/Wikisource (Individual Languages in individual sessions by Experts Wikipedians in that particular languages.||1-2-2017|
|2||Day=2||How to edit of Wikipedia/Wiki books/Wikisource (Individual Languages in individual sessions by Experts Wikipedians in that particular languages.||2-2-2017|
|3||Day=3||How to write articles in of Wikipedia/Wiki books/Wikisource (Individual Languages in individual sessions by Experts Wikipedians in that particular languages.||3-2-2017|
|4||Day=4||Fore Noon:Demonstration by Participants /Corrections by the Experts (Individual Languages) After Noon: Concluding Session|
|5||Session-1||Edit count/Article Count/Details of New Wikipedians (Other than the current participants) if any brought in the fold of Wikipedia||1-3-2017|
|6||Session-2||Edit count/Article Count/Details of New Wikipedians (Other than the current participants) if any brought in the fold of Wikipedia Continued||1-4-2017|
|7||Session-3||Edit count/Article Count/Details of New Wikipedians (Other than the current participants) if any brought in the fold of Wikipedia Continued||1-5-2017|
|8||Session-4||Edit count/Article Count/Details of New Wikipedians (Other than the current participants) if any brought in the fold of Wikipedia Continued||1-6-2017|
|10||Session-6||Edit count/Article Count/Details of New Wikipedians (Other than the current participants) if any brought in the fold of Wikipedia Continued. Report submission by all participants.||1-6-2017|
*Can you provide links to the discussions that you mention in "Community engagement" section?
Please find community notifications below. Note: The Sanskrit community is having less no. (to be precise only three) of user support, where as we do have 16 universities of sanskrit in India, including this university where event is planned.
*What you wrote in "Project plan" section is not really a plan.
- The project activities are not specified.
- No specific measures of success are provided.
I hope the above table is self explanatory for these comments/observation.
*There is no budget.
Yeah, It was there as lump-sum (i.e.3000 US). The split up is as follows
Aggregated feedback from the committee for Literary Content Development- Multiple Languages (LCD-ML)
|(A) Impact potential
|(B) Community engagement
|(C) Ability to execute
|(D) Measures of success
|Additional comments from the Committee:
This project has not been selected for a Project Grant at this time.
We love that you took the chance to creatively improve the Wikimedia movement. The committee has reviewed this proposal and not recommended it for funding, but we hope you'll continue to engage in the program. Please drop by the IdeaLab to share and refine future ideas!
- Visit the IdeaLab to continue developing this idea and share any new ideas you may have.
- To reapply with this project in the future, please make updates based on the feedback provided in this round before resubmitting it for review in a new round.
- Check the schedule for the next open call to submit proposals - we look forward to helping you apply for a grant in a future round.