Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Jaluj/How to re-integrate mentally ill into the community using Wikimedia/Report
Comments from I JethroBT (WMF)
Hi Jaluj, this is Chris Schilling, a program officer at the Wikimedia Foundation. Thanks for your report on your work with mentally ill patients in their engagement with Wikiquote. Here are my comments and questions:
- I can appreciate the value of doing work in a small group in this context. Even though we fund projects in this program that engage many editors at once, I agree that the approach taken here of having a smaller group was appropriate and thoughtful in order to have more meaningful and personal engagement and support in your classes.
- Thank you for contributing your guidance on Learning patterns/How to avoid abandoning the course when your students have intellectual or mental disabilities and Learning patterns/How to choose patients for an editing teaching course. This population is one where I haven't seen a lot of targeted work done through our grant programs, so it is helpful to have some documentation related to choosing the right participants and managing challenges you may face in this kind of work.
- In terms of participation from staff, did you find that they did not have the time or perhaps were unable for some other reason to participate in your classes?
- Can you provide links to the two dashboards you used to track article improvements? I see the screenshots of the dashboard homepages, but no link to the dashboards themselves.
- Thank you for reallocating your $25 underspend to your proposed next Wikitherapy project.
I've formally accepted this report, but when you're able, please respond to my above questions. Thanks very much for your work and congratulations on a successful project. Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 17:43, 12 December 2018 (UTC)
- Hello I JethroBT (WMF) Chris.
- It was not a matter of time, it was a question of distrust, the professionals are very jealous of their work and they were afraid that surfing the web could, in some way, harm the patients.
- Yes, you could see the links to the dashboards in the report in Anything else you want to share about your project?. Anyway, I can show you the dashboards again:
- You can also see Wikiquote en el hospital.