Grants talk:Project/Rapid/T Cells/Training for viewers of Yoruba Wikipedia Promotion Video
Comments from I JethroBT (WMF)
Hello T Cells and Agbalagba, and thanks for your proposal to support training to support contributions to Yoruba Wikipedia based on your earlier promotional video. I'm glad you are following up on this initial outreach with further engagement with this audience who have interest in our movement and contributing to Yoruba Wikipedia. Here are my questions and comments:
- What topics will be covered during the training, and what skills will you be teaching to participants? Can you provide the materials you will be using or providing to participants to support the training?
- How will mentorship be conducted after the training? What will this process look like?
- Can you both confirm you current roles or positions with the Wikimedia Nigeria Foundation / Wikimedia Nigeria User Group and with the Yoruba User Group?
- Hello User:I JethroBT (WMF), thanks for the review and feedback. Below are the answers to your questions.
- Currently, there is no training material in Yoruba language to support any Yoruba Wikipedia training. Perhaps, the Yoruba Wikimedians User Group could design one in the future. But I'd be using the material provided in the outreach dashboard for the training. The material will also be used for the mentorship programme.
- Well, I have experience mentoring new Wikipedia editors. I'd assign different topics to participants, using the materials here. It could take a few days for them to complete the assigned lessons. Then I will use the article draft space to guide them through the process of editing and creating or translating their first article. I'd continue this follow-up for at least two weeks.
- I co-founded the Wikimedia User Group Nigeria and I am the Board Secretary and one of the two primary contacts for the Wikimedia User Group Nigeria. I am an advisor to the Yoruba Wikimedians User Group. User:Agbalagba is the president of the Yoruba Wikimedians User Group and the treasurer of the Wikimedia User Group Nigeria.
- @T Cells: Thanks for your responses and these details on your mentorship plan, Isaac. Regarding the third question, we do not allow individuals who hold moment affiliates leadership positions to request additional Rapid Grants as an individual. This is because it is not easy to clearly separate one's individual time from one's leadership role in an affiliate group, and could allow some people to request more grants simultaneously than others, beyond the grant limit. In order for this proposal to move forward with you as the grantee, it will need to be modified to be a grant supported either by the Yoruba Wikimedians User Group or Wikimedia User Group Nigeria. Please change the grant type and organization accordingly in the Probox template on the application page. I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 17:43, 3 May 2021 (UTC)