Growing Local Language Content on Wikipedia (Project Tiger 2.0)/Support/Tiven2240
- Wikipedia username
- Email (optional)
Please tell us which existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions you are contributing to, and some of your best contribution towards the project and movement. Please add relevant Wiki/external link wherever applicable
- 43,000+ global edits with 24,000+ on Commons on File maintainace and copyright violations.
- Highest Administrator actions till date on Marathi Wikipedia.
- Member of the Global OTRS Team.
- Worked as Administrator/Technical Administrator for Maintainace/Updation of Marathi Wikipedia and Marathi Wikisource with new scripts and gadgets.
- International Team member of Wikipedia Asian Month, Wiki Loves Love and Wiki Loves Women India 2019.
What type of support you need
Why do you need this support (Internet and/or Chromebook)
I currently edit from a outdated mobile device and has no support to latest userscripts / botscripts. Since i am a student so I can't afford to buy one. Also cyber cafe editing is not safe and costlier.
Do you have a working laptop?
Had you received the support in the first iteration of Project Tiger?
How will you use this in the next six months?
If granted support I can edit swiftly and help in reducing backlogs, improving wikidata and advanced templates and also work more efficiently on OTRS. I can also help in translating userscripts so that it can be used by local editors who have limited technical knowledge. I also plan to increase my work on Wikisource as a volunteer to OCR indic language books.
Community discussion and endorsements
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit
- Strong support--*•.¸♡ ℍ𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕤𝕙𝕒𝕟 𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕡𝕒𝕝 ♡¸.•*𝕋𝕒𝕝𝕜 03:51, 12 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support -J. Ansari Talk 05:57, 12 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support Tiven is a dedicated Wikimedian who has been working on numerous online and offline projects from mobile since past 5 years or so and has played a big role in creating templates and bots for Wikimedia projects. He can use assistance from internet stipend and laptop. Regards Wikilover90 (talk) 13:21, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support He deserve it. -- संदेश हिवाळे (talk) 04:14, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support Jagseer S Sidhu (talk) 06:23, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support Personally observed his dedication in Wiki Loves Love and Wiki Loves Women. Felt embarrassed to see a versatile admin to do editing from a mobile and creating banner from the same. If he get the support he will be able to make SVG banner and other drawings for articles. Since he is not an earning person supports can show lots of tangible benefits in his voluntary work.--Sumita Roy Dutta (talk) 06:56, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support -- CptViraj (📧) 03:05, 17 September 2019 (UTC)
- Comments - a) What about this request for hardware donation? are they going to get both the things? b) As my comment on the same request raises some issues also come here. c) My only one question is if really their contributions were so good, how come they were desysoped on mrwiki? and how come they never took voting for mrsource, Where they ultimately resigned from sysop rights? QueerEcofeminist "cite! even if you fight"!!! [they/them/their] 18:46, 20 September 2019 (UTC)