Hardware donation program/Muddyb
Your contact information
- your username
- your contact e-mail (optional)
Explain your plan
I'm Wikipedian based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Normally, I do not have a computer at home. Only at work. For the past ten years (joined August, 2007 - never contributed on Wikipedia using my home's pc. Don't have it. So try using my spare time at working place to contribute on Wikipedia. If I will get this laptop will be my pleasure to contribute on Wikipedia even better. Lately I have reduced my contribution because nowadays I'm swamped with a job so can't do it at work, not as much as I used to do it.. But if I have a laptop I can do it perfect well at home. I have a lot of stuff needs to be written. Not mention the plan to increase awareness of Wikipedia in my country.
Swahili Wikipedia, Wikisource, and Swahili Wiktionary.
- Wikisource still in progress, but it's activated, I will also be busy with it. I have a lot of materials need to be published there.
Work you're proud of
Show us (through links) some of your best Wikimedia work, on or off wiki, to help us get a sense for the kind of work you do. (no more than 3 or 4 links at most, please.)
- https://sw.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mkoa_wa_Afyonkarahisar - I have created almost every ward and province from Turkey (had some pact with a friend from Turkey).
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING THIS ON BEHALF OF A WIKIMEDIA AFFILIATE (i.e. to be owned by a Wikimedia affiliate rather than an individual), please type your affiliate name below, and add a link to your affiliate's public equipment tracking page.
- Affiliate name
- Public equipment tracking page
- I support this request 150%. Muddy is the only Tanzanian who has been consistently editing on swwiki (and a bit around other wikimedia sites) for the last 10 years. I am not aware of any other Tanzanian wikipedian who has stayed active for such an extended time. I can confirm his details from my own knowledge. If the office only had 2 laptops to give, one should be for him (the other one for the unknown one who always exists...) Kipala (talk) 13:39, 17 March 2017 (UTC)
- I support this request for the same reasons given by Kipala. --Riccardo Riccioni (talk) 13:47, 17 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support --Abbasjnr (talk) 15:05, 17 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support even 200%! Muddy is already a great contributor and if he can become better, that would be fantastic. ChriKo (talk) 15:46, 17 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support Oh yes. A wonderful contributor and producer for many years; holding up the sw:wp community. –SJ talk 16:05, 17 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support Completely agree. Muddy is an essential pillar of sw:wp (I've worked with him online for ten years and also met him in person). Would be a shame if he couldn't continue his level of commitment due to lack of hardware at home. --Baba Tabita (talk) 18:05, 17 March 2017 (UTC)
- Support --Mouryan (talk) 05:36, 20 March 2017 (UTC)
You are encouraged to track the impact this equipment has helped you make. This encourages WMF to donate more hardware.