Hello, and welcome to meta, a multilingual wiki for meta-content and discussions about the Wikimedia projects.
You can get started in a few ways:
- Browse Recent Changes and reading our page of global policies
- Visit the Babel and Wikimedia forums
- Browse the latest project ideas and translation requests
- Read the latest news and see what else is going on here.
- 1 Awesome to see you around here
- 2 Conflict of interest
- 3 Fellowship idea on editor engagement in small Wikipedias
- 4 Individual grants committee
- 5 Wikichild
- 6 The Signpost
- 7 Important announcement: Election delayed by one week
- 8 2011 election voter list
- 9 Gràcies/Thank you
- 10 Please fill out our brief Participation Support Program survey
- 11 Hello Abbas!
- 12 How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?
- 13 Last call for WMF grants feedback!
- 14 Current strategy discussion
- 15 Inspire Campaign on content curation & review
- 16 Participate in the Inspire Campaign and help address harassment!
Awesome to see you around here
More people from sw:wp should hang out on Meta. we could use a few ambassadors... and say, we need a good Swahili main page for commons.wikimedia.org !—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Sj (talk)
Conflict of interest
- Let me rephrase this. My problem is not in whether or not a board member should be on the chapcom with voting rights, I agree they probably shoulnd't, as Lodewijk pointed out, advising yourself is kind of weird. But conflict of interest is a very strong word to use in that context. So I'm interested what you think might be the benefit or interest a board member would get if they were on the chapcom. notafish }<';> 20:33, 31 May 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, your right. Calling it a "conflict of interest" may be overstating the situation. I used it for lack of a better word. My only concern was in the part where Lodewijk would be advising himself. Abbasjnr 09:17, 1 June 2011 (UTC)
Fellowship idea on editor engagement in small Wikipedias
Hello Abbas, I see you endorsed the idea on editor engagement strategies for new or smaller Wikipedias. Just to let you know that I made brief changes on ideas of the project and elaborated the phases in more specific way. Expecting your valuable opinion to develop it further. Thanks a lot in advance. :-) — 21:56, 20 February 2012 (UTC)
Individual grants committee
Hi! We’re looking for volunteers to serve on a committee that helps select grantees for WMF’s new Individual Engagement Grants program. More info is on the committee's meta page. Siko (WMF) (talk) 22:47, 10 January 2013 (UTC)
Hello!, I am making a new wiki which is called Wikichild since I have saw that the people of children users of Wikipedia became more and more, but I have realised that the words in Wikipedia was really too hard for them and also me to read and understand. So, I want to build a new wiki to collect articles from Wikipedia and change it shorter and simplier for the childrens to read. At last, I hope the you will support this project. Thank you! Chihonglee (talk) 00:25, 2 February 2013 (UTC)
Please leave your sign if you love this project: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikichild
- Hm, there are two Wikis for youth yet: Wikijunior (see website) and Wikikids. That's why I don't understand that proposial yet - is there anything different? — Allrounder (talk) 00:12, 3 February 2013 (UTC)
I've emailed you on a Signpost matter.
- And silly me, I've sent another email to clarify a few things I didn't express very clearly at all in that email. Sorry, and let me know if there's any other point of clarification needed. Tony (talk) 09:22, 18 May 2013 (UTC)
Important announcement: Election delayed by one week
The Election Committee regrets to advise that it is necessary to delay the start of voting in the WMF Elections 2013 for one week. This delay is being implemented for three reasons:
- We have been unable to verify that the list of eligible voters is complete and that all voters meet the published criteria
- We have been unable to verify that the SecurePoll setups for the election are properly functioning
- The voter interfaces have not been translated and are not currently available in any language other than English, thus disadvantaging Wikimedians who do not read English.
The following changes are now made to the Election timeline:
- 8-22 June 2013: elections
- 23-25 June 2013: vote-checking
- 25-28 June: publication of results.
2011 election voter list
Hola, gràcies a la teva firma donant suport a la nostra associació. El passat dia 5 de juny Amical Wikimedia (Associació Amical Viquipèdia) va ser reconeguda pel Consell d'Administració de la Fundació Wikimedia com a Organització Temàtica. Pots veure el comunicat de l'associació en català aquí o el comunicat de la WMF en anglès aquí. Per a la nostra associació és una fita molt important, portàvem 5 anys demanant ésser un organisme oficial. Nosaltres continuarem la nostra tasca de promoció al carrer i a les institucions de la Viquipèdia i els seus projectes germans arreu dels territoris de parla catalana.
Hello, thanks for your signature giving support to our association. Last 5th of June Amical Wikimedia (Associació Amical Viquipèdia) was recognised by the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees as a Thematic Organization. You can read the news bulletin of our association in Catalan here or the WMF's bulletin in English here. For our association, this is a very important achievement: we have been pursuing the official recognition for the last 5 years. We are going to continue the task of promoting Wikipedia and its sister projects all around the Catalan-speaking regions.
Please fill out our brief Participation Support Program survey
Hello, the Wikimedia Foundation would like your feedback on the Participation Support Program! We have created a brief survey to help us better understand your experience participating in the program and how we can improve for the future. You are being selected to participate in our survey because you submitted or commented on Participation Support requests in the past.
Click here to be taken to the survey site.
The survey should take less than 10 minutes to complete. We really appreciate your feedback! And we hope to see you in the Participation Support Program again soon.
This message was sent via Global message delivery on 21:35, 18 September 2013 (UTC)
How are you doing? I'm returning to the strategy project.
Would you please take a look at the page and share your thoughts there?
How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?
Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.
After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!
In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:
- Respond to questions on the discussion page of the idea.
- Join a small group conversation.
- Learn more about this consultation.
This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.
Last call for WMF grants feedback!
Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.
Current strategy discussion
There's currently a discussion about developing a movement strategy, and we are updating links to strategic and priority documents in other languages and projects. I'm pinging you because you indicated interest in such things last year. –SJ talk 05:57, 26 February 2016 (UTC)
Inspire Campaign on content curation & review
I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.
All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:38, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.
Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,