Hardware donation program/Wiki Ruhan
Your contact information
- your username
- Wiki Ruhan
- your contact e-mail (optional)
Explain your plan
Tell us about how you contribute currently, and how you would contribute if WMF were to gift a used laptop to you.
My name's Rownak Shahriar Ruhan. I'm a Student of Notre Dame College, Dhaka, Bangladesh. I am involved with Wikimedia for 2 years and 6 months with about 10,000 Global edits. I don't have any laptop or desktop now rather a mobile which is also old modeled. Contributing from mobile sometimes causes problems and those problems create many complications and hinders me to edit Wikipedia properly. I need a laptop to contribute to Wikipedia more effectively. But for some financial issues it's not possible right now. So I am requesting a laptop donation if possible.
- Using Content Translation easily without any difficulties.
- Creating Ms Power point content for offline Activities of Wikimedia Bangladesh.
- Judging Articles in Fountain Tool as a jury.
- Help Local Wiki Chapter to Spread Wikimedia movement creating Digital path-way.
- Editing long pages without any hesitation or difficulties.
- Have a smooth email and video meeting with Wikimedia Community.
- Patrolling recent changes and make appropriate edits without complexity.
- Open references with multitasking capacity.
- Using Visual Editor easily.
Add the existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions that you seek to impact with this equipment.
- Bangla Wikipedia (Active in both offline and online activities)
- Wikimedia Commons
- English Wikipedia
Work you're proud of
Show us (through links) some of your best Wikimedia work, on or off wiki, to help us get a sense for the kind of work you do. (no more than 3 or 4 links at most, please.)
- In Bangla Wikipedia I have 8100+ edits and edited 2450+ pages, created 248 articles. I am given the responsibility of Reviewer, Rollbacker, File mover, Autopatroller, IP block exempt and Autoconfirmed user.
- Beside my local wiki, In English Wikipedia I am an Extended autoconfirmed user with 630+ edits in 300 pages. I have uploaded around 300 pictures in Commons. Some of them were granted for quality picture. I have near 500 edits in Commons and 350+ edits in Wikidata.
- I always believed in Working offline and get contact with Wikimedians. I have a close contact and involvement with Wikimedia Bangladesh. I was in Jury member in following Edit-a-thon-
- Article Creating Contest 2019
- Asian Month 2019
- Wiki Project Tiger 2.0
- Wiki Loves Women South Asia 2020 and some local Contests.
Beside of helping as a jury I actively participated in these contest
- I stood first in a edit-a-thon Notre Dame Wiki Alapon 1.0. I attended some Local Wiki meetups and Wikimedia Café Global meeting in May, 2020.
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING THIS ON BEHALF OF A WIKIMEDIA AFFILIATE (i.e. to be owned by a Wikimedia affiliate rather than an individual), please type your affiliate name below, and add a link to your affiliate's public equipment tracking page.
- Affiliate name
- Public equipment tracking page
- Support — Ferdous • 02:06, 3 June 2020 (UTC)
- Support- F R Shuvo(talk) 07:21, 3 June 2020 (UTC)
- Support He is active wikimedian.DelwarHossain (talk)
- Support He is really a wonderful wikimedian. Meghmollar2017 (talk) 06:47, 4 June 2020 (UTC)
- Support He is a very industrious wikipedian. He really deserves it. Abtahi Lama (talk) 17:57, 5 June 2020 (UTC)Abtahi_Lama
- Support --আফতাবুজ্জামান (talk) 19:19, 5 June 2020 (UTC)
- Support --Mrb Rafi (talk) 11:36, 6 June 2020 (UTC)
- Support. His contribution is really praiseworthy. ANKAN (talk) 11:23, 7 June 2020 (UTC)
- Support - Ruhan is an avid Wikipedian. Besides his online contribution, he is active in the dissemination of the Wikimedia projects in real life here in Bangladesh. I'm hopeful that if he gets a laptop from the WMF under this program, he will be able to make the best use of the hardware in the best interest of the Wikimedia movement. Tanweer (talk) 14:49, 10 June 2020 (UTC)
- Strong support This gift will be helpful for Wikipedia and him.Tanvir Anjum Rakin (talk) 02:07, 11 June 2020 (UTC)
- Strong support He is an active person in Bangla Wikipedia. মাহফুজ ইমন (talk) 10:36, 12 June 2020 (UTC)
- One of the most Passionate Wikipedian I have ever seen. Strong Support.--MASUM THE GREAT (talk) 18:05, 12 June 2020 (UTC)
- He is an active wikipedian As far I know. He also introduced me to Wikipedia through a Workshop held in our college. Strong support from me. আত্মপ্রতীতি (talk) 20:38, 12 June 2020 (UTC)
- Support we need more support for the global south carlinmack (talk) 22:37, 29 June 2020 (UTC)
- Support। ≈ MS Sakib «TalK» 03:01, 24 March 2021 (UTC)
- Support —Golam Mukit ☆ (Talk) 07:37, 20 September 2021 (UTC)