The Wikimedia Community maintains this page to present the Wikimedia Community perspective.
The Wikimedia Café provides a forum for voice and video discussion of issues of broad interest among Wikimedia community editors. This is a friendly meeting and attendees should practice good conduct.
Anyone can take notes about this meeting in the shared etherpad notes. The copyright license for these notes is compatible with Meta-wiki. Anyone can review and edit the notes within a week, after which time anyone may publish them on Meta.
How to join
- video ---> https://virginia.zoom.us/my/wikilgbt
- alternatively, join by phone with your phone number visible ---> https://zoom.us/u/aeBOBQMw0a, then use the meeting number 503 740 1469.
- Anyone can edit the shared notes in etherpad
- Please note the one hour time difference if you are affected by a time change due to daylight savings time. The UTC remains constant.
- Welcome, as described above
- The Global Council which the Wikimedia Movement Strategy plan is establishing
- Brief general summary: What is the Global Council? What do the Strategy Recommendations say about how to put it together, and what its responsibilities will be?
- Global Council membership qualifications/disqualifications: Who should be eligible to be a member?
- Eligibility of holders of other Wikimedia offices, anonymous individuals, non-English speakers, Wikimedia organizations' employees, ...
- Global Council membership distribution
- Representing communities
- Representing affiliates
- Distributing between parts of the movement
- General priorities in representation
- Size of the Global Council
- Timeline until the creation of the Global Council
- Impact and functioning of the Global Council
If you plan to attend then please sign here. The organizers can use this list to know who to contact individually if there are significant changes to the plan to the meeting, such as for the schedule.
- Yair rand (talk) 23:00, 8 November 2020 (UTC)
- Blue Rasberry (talk) 01:15, 9 November 2020 (UTC)
- Rajeeb (talk) 03:37, 10 November 2020 (UTC)
- Megs (talk) 03:06, 11 November 2020 (UTC)
- Sam/Jamie Tubers (talk) 08:57, 11 November 2020 (UTC)
- Likely.--Pharos (talk) 18:22, 11 November 2020 (UTC)
- SHISHIR DUA (talk) 18:22, 13 November 2020 (UTC)
- TheSlowBrosYT (talk) 9:31, 15 November 2020 (UTC)
- Vexations (talk) 16:58, 15 November 2020 (UTC)
- Ircpresident (talk) 18:26, 15 November 2020 (UTC)
- Zblace (talk) 19:55, 15 November 2020 (UTC)