The Wikimedia Café provides a forum for voice and video discussion of issues of broad interest among Wikimedia community editors.
Every meeting starts with attendees briefly introducing themselves, any wiki affiliations they wish to share, their interest in attending this meeting, and sharing one thing for which they are grateful. This is a friendly meeting and attendees should practice good conduct.
Anyone can take notes about this meeting in the shared etherpad notes. The copyright license for these notes is compatible with Meta-wiki. These notes will go into Meta after the meeting. At every meeting the attendees review and confirm the notes from the last meeting.
The meeting is currently hosted by User:Pine and/or User:Bluerasberry using Zoom Video Communications software. Attendees should be aware that Zoom is a non-Wikimedia, non-free commercial product with limitations. The primary language of the meeting is English.
How to join
Note for June 2020. Updating to Zoom 5.0 or later is mandatory as of May 30, 2020. Please make sure that your version of Zoom has been updated.
- video ---> https://virginia.zoom.us/my/wikilgbt
- alternatively, join by phone with your phone number visible ---> https://zoom.us/u/aeBOBQMw0a, then use the meeting number 503 740 1469.
- Anyone can edit the shared notes in etherpad
Saturday, 20 June 2020 at 9:30 AM Pacific time / 12:30 PM Eastern time / 4:30 PM UTC / 10 PM IST
- Please note the one hour time difference if you are affected by a time change due to daylight savings time. The UTC remains constant.
- Welcome, as described above
- Propose topics at beginning of meeting
- Wikimedia Foundation annual plans and budgets
- Activism off wiki, documented on wiki
- Wikimedia Foundation rebranding
- discussions have been ongoing Communications/Wikimedia brands/2030 movement brand project
- Nominally, this is about renaming the Wikimedia Foundation to another name
- In discussion, community members are raising various other issues
- WMF has organized a survey, not sure where link is CentralNotice/Request/Movement Brand naming proposals
- Affiliates meeting tonight / tomorrow All-Affiliates Brand Meeting
- If there is available time
- Lack of gender diversity; reliability of statistics on gender diversity
- Introducing Wikimedia to newcomers
- Brief recordings of statements
- There will be two Café sessions in July that are timed to accommodate diverse time zones. This is an experiment.
If you plan to attend then please sign here. The organizers can use this list to know who to contact individually if there are significant changes to the plan to the meeting, such as for the schedule.