The Wikimedia Café provides a forum for voice and video discussion of issues of broad interest among Wikimedia community editors.
Every meeting starts with attendees briefly introducing themselves, any wiki affiliations they wish to share, their interest in attending this meeting, and sharing one thing for which they are grateful. This is a friendly meeting and attendees should practice good conduct.
Anyone can take notes about this meeting in the shared etherpad notes. The copyright license for these notes is compatible with Meta-wiki. These notes will go into Meta after the meeting. At every meeting the attendees review and confirm the notes from the last meeting.
The meeting is currently hosted by User:Pine and/or User:Bluerasberry using Zoom Video Communications software. Attendees should be aware that Zoom is a non-Wikimedia, non-free commercial product with limitations. The primary language of the meeting is English.
How to join
- video ---> https://virginia.zoom.us/my/wikilgbt
- alternatively, join by phone with your phone number visible ---> https://zoom.us/u/aeBOBQMw0a, then use the meeting number 503 740 1469.
- Anyone can edit the shared notes in etherpad
Saturday, 30 May 2020 at 9:30 AM Pacific time / 12:30 PM Eastern time / 4:30 PM UTC / 10 PM IST
- Please note the one hour time difference if you are affected by a time change due to daylight savings time. The UTC remains constant.
- Welcome, as described above
- Wikimedia 2030 strategy recommendations
- Discussion regarding whether Wikimedia Café meetups should be recorded in audio, text to speech, or not at all.
- Discussion of adding an additional Café meetup, possibly one Sunday per month at approximately 3:00 AM UTC, to accommodate people who live in more time zones and/or are prevented from meeting on Saturdays.
If you plan to attend then please sign here. The organizers can use this list to know who to contact individually if there are significant changes to the plan to the meeting, such as for the schedule.
- I would like to attend this event. however, I am unable to attend any events that occur during the en:Jewish Sabbath. I would appreciate it if this could be scheduled for literally any other day of the week. might that be possible? please advise. thanks. --Sm8900 (talk) 02:44, 11 May 2020 (UTC)
- @Sm8900: thanks for the message. The attendance at Café meetups has been good in its current time slot, but there have been a few requests for alternate times. I am considering adding a second Café meetup each month that is offset from the current time slot by 12 hours. Scheduling the additional meetup on a different day of the week is very possible. Would you be OK with moving this discussion to Talk:Wikimedia Café? I would prefer to discuss this issue at more length on the talk page. Thanks, ↠Pine (✉) 06:00, 12 May 2020 (UTC)
- no problem, will do. thanks!! --Sm8900 ([[User talk:Sm8900|tal
- Ad Huikeshoven (talk) 14:31, 13 May 2020 (UTC)
- ↠Pine (✉) 19:47, 13 May 2020 (UTC)
- Abhinav619 (talk) 02:22, 14 May 2020 (UTC)
- Nosebagbear (talk) 20:05, 15 May 2020 (UTC)
- Wiki Ruhan (talk) 16:59, 16 May 2020 (UTC)
- Michaelgraaf (talk) 06:51, 18 May 2020 (UTC)
- Kaartic correct me, if i'm wrong 16:37, 18 May 2020 (UTC)
- Eltomas2003 (talk) 19:01, 24 May 2020 (UTC)