Help talk:Unified login/Archives/2015
|Please do not post any new comments on this page. This is a discussion archive first created in 2015, although the comments contained were likely posted before and after this date. See current discussion or the archives index.|
Attached email address after merge
After merging my accounts with Special:MergeAccount, Special:CentralAuth/Patrick_Maitland says that one of the accounts was confirmed to be mine by its email address. But when I look into preferences, the account doesn't have an email attached. So did the merging remove the email? --Patrick Maitland (talk) 22:39, 10 February 2015 (UTC)
Can't attach local account to unified account
After merging accounts (first, en.wikipedia and en.wikiquote) I was left with an account on fr.wikipedia that wouldn't attach. I tried using the password forgotten function but never receive an email. Not sure if it's blocked somewhere on the way. That local account has 0 contributions, but I'd like it to be attached to my global account nonetheless. What can I do? MacCool (talk) 01:59, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
- You could wait until SUL finalization; it will be happening this April. --Glaisher (talk) 03:54, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
MediaWiki message delivery
Is the Finnish wikipedia account compromised? I got a strange email from fi.wikipedia today and it contains "MediaWiki message delivery jätti viestin keskustelusivullesi: Näytä viesti Näytä muutokset". I cannot translate it. I tried unifying my login across all languages and it is stuck on fi.wikipedia. I think its a phishing email and i NEED to find out if my account has been compromised!!!.--Bud001 (talk) 04:16, 18 March 2015 (UTC)
- Hello Bud001. The message you received is a legitimate message from the Wikimedia Foundation development team about the upcoming account unification. Your account has not been compromised. If your account on fi-wikipedia couldn't be merged automatically, you should see an option to enter your local password to confirm ownership on fi:Special:MergeAccount. It's safe to enter your password on that page. —Pathoschild 04:20, 18 March 2015 (UTC)
I got this information:
Login unification complete! You can now log in to any wiki site of the Wikimedia Foundation without creating a new account. Read more about unified login… The accounts named "Pationl" on each of the following sites have been automatically attached to the unified account: en.wikipedia.org login.wikimedia.org meta.wikimedia.org nl.wikipedia.org
Long ago I did not succeeed to register Patio here and on a few others like pt (there I'm Patiobe]] I received an email to rename Patio to 'KlaasZ4usV, but here it's not me... Now what? Anyone able to rename this account and Patiobe @WpPt to User:KlaasZ4UsV as well?
- Hi Pationl. You can do that via Steward requests/Username changes. —Pathoschild 17:53, 27 March 2015 (UTC)
Login unification not complete?
I hope it's a simple question: if all of my accounts (from all wikis and languages) are listed as having been 'automatically attached to the unified account', but there are other accounts that have 'not been confirmed' on other language wikis which are not mine, since all of my actual, personally created accounts now listed as 'automatically attached,' even though the Merge Accounts screen says 'account unification not complete,' is my own account unification indeed complete? (i.e. when conflicting accounts are automatically renamed, all 5 of my accounts are now definitely safe from this, and its these other 2 people's accounts which will end up renamed, particularly since most of the 17 accounts it now claims I'm 'automatically attached to' I never personally created and includes Wiki Media projects I've never heard of)
- Hi! As you can see from Special:CentralAuth/Doubleg, you now own the global account for "Doubleg" username. This means that none of the accounts which belongs to you will be renamed (i.e., the accounts which are part of your global account). The accounts on wikis which have "not attached" next to the wiki will be renamed. Technically speaking, your account unification is not yet complete as you do not own this username across all the wikis (specifically, frwiki and plwiki) and that is the reason why Special:MergeAccount still shows 'account unification not complete'. Best regards, Glaisher (talk) 11:13, 31 March 2015 (UTC)
en.wikivoyage-old.org and wts.wikivoyage-old.org
Is it possible to include the old wikivoyage projects in the unified login?
I have the same username on http://wts.wikivoyage-old.org/ but it is not unified so I have to remember my old password.
On http://en.wikivoyage-old.org/ I was not able to create an account with my username so I have to login with my bot name (MGA73bot).
It would be easier if did not have to log in but since wikivoyage-old is a "dead wiki" I can ofcourse understand if noone wants to spend time on it. I just had this crazy idea to try to check all files there and copy them to commons and/or delete them. :-) --MGA73 (talk) 10:09, 5 April 2015 (UTC)
- The wikivoyage-old.org websites are not administered by the WMF, so I'd assume that using SUL there isn't possible. --Stefan2 (talk) 11:10, 5 April 2015 (UTC)
- (ec) wikivoyage-old.org is owned by Wikivoyage e.V., a German non-profit organization, not the Wikimedia Foundation. So no, these sites are not included in Wikimedia's unified login system. Glaisher (talk) 11:13, 5 April 2015 (UTC)
Attempt to Complete Unified Login Errors
I am trying to complete my single unified login and I keep erroring out on the German Wiki.
On the Global account information attached to my account, I am attached to 22 Wikipedia's , but the German Wiki is not attached and therefore cannot complete the process. When I view the edit count for the German Wiki, it lists Wiki additions or corrections I made several years ago on English Wiki pages.
I cannot sign into the German wiki with my password either.
- Although the edits are yours, the account might belong to someone else. The edits were added to German Wikipedia by using the Special:Import function which imported articles including the article history from English Wikipedia to German Wikipedia. Special:CentralAuth/LSX tells that de:User:LSX has made two edits, so there might be two edits amongst those edits which do not belong to you, but all edits seem to be in English, so maybe those two edits have been deleted. --Stefan2 (talk) 10:43, 14 April 2015 (UTC)
From what I have found the account is not active, is there a way to reassign the account?
From the German User page and User Talk Pages as translated via Google Translate
User: LSX This user page does not exist yet.
Wikipedia provides each registered user a user page available to briefly introduce themselves.
If you are searching LSX and have enrolled, you can edit this page in the tab "Create" edit. To contact LSX, write a message on the user talk page.
User talk: LSX Your account is renamed
The development team of the Wikimedia Foundation performs a number of changes that affect the operation of user accounts. This is done as part of our continuous efforts, new and better tools to offer (such as Wiki-wide notifications) for our users. These changes require that you have the same user name everywhere. This enables us to provide you new functions that make editing and Discuss and enable more flexible tools for user rights. A condition for this is that the user accounts must be unique across all Wikimedia wikis 900 away now. More information can be found in this announcement.
Unfortunately, another person is using the same user name LSX like you. To ensure that you can both continue to work on all Wikimedia projects, we have a globally unique user account LSX ~ dewiki reserved for you, that is yours alone. If you like this name, you need to perform any further changes. However, if you want a different user name, you can choose a new name on this page. Please if you think you already have all the user accounts with this name and this message have erroneously received, visit the special page: User Accounts _ merge in order to examine the facts and all your user accounts to connect together to make one renaming is prevented.
Your account will continue to function as usual and you will be mentioned as the originator of all your previous edits, but you'll need to use the new user name at login.
We apologize for any inconvenience. For questions or problems you can easily turn you can also practice the two stewards DerHexer and Hoo.
Many Greetings, Peter Keegan cell Community Liaison, Wikimedia Foundation
22:09, 19 March 2015 (CET)
Please update this documentation
- Once unification is finished, this page can probably be merged with global user pages and become a general help page about global accounts. —Pathoschild 23:41, 18 April 2015 (UTC)
How to merge Finnish and English Wikipedia accounts?
I had the account tallu in at least two Wikipedias, fi and en. As fi was about to change into tallu~fiwiki, I changed it to tallukka. Now the same happens with en.wikipedia.org, and Wikipedia does not let me to get tallukka instead, as "it is already in use". I can login with either. How to merge to two as tallukka? Googling did not help much (e.g., https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/SUL_finalisation/Global_account_merge ). --Tallukka (talk) 20:08, 22 April 2015 (UTC)
- @Tallukka: onko tunnus Special:CentralAuth/Tallu~enwiki tunnuksesi? Jos kyllä, niin kirjaudu sillä sisään enwikissä ja tee siellä vahvistus (esim. muokkaamalla keskustelusivuasi), jossa ilmoitat sen kuuluvan sinulle (Tallukka). Sen jälkeen tunnuksesi voidaan yhdistää. Vastaa vaikka tähän samaan paikkaan, kun olet tuon vahvistuksen tehnyt. --Stryn (talk) 20:30, 22 April 2015 (UTC)
you people have done an excellent job stuffing up Wiki logons; you should be congratulated
I had the same userid with four wiki environments. You didn't try to integrate them. I now have to choose a ridiculous logon name. And there is no easy way to integrate them. Bravo!!! You have wasted hours of my time. I have a "unified login" for en.wikipedia but can not get my wikiquote, wiksource and wiktionary logons to be tied to it. I try to rename them but am told it is taken. I can not find anywhere to say I want my other logons integrated to my unified login. )))-:
- Hi User:Andrew8~enwiktionary, you can request for merging your accounts at SRUC. Regards, --Stryn (talk) 13:12, 2 May 2015 (UTC)
Social aspects of SUL platform
I listed last month in my sandbox some issues I would like to be discussed about SUL soon or later. See User:Alexmar983/sandbox. I would like to have some preliminary feedback. I've also asked around directly off-wiki to some long-term users and I got a picture where people know there are issue (I suppose I am not the only one who has this type of questions) but everyone has other priorities.
Merge accounts on different wikis
Is there a scheduled timetable for progress on the issue of merging accounts on different wikis?
I have my name in English characters as my Unified login, and use it on most wikis. Howeever, on the Hebrew Wikipedia (he.wikipedia) I have originally created my username in Hebrew, and now I can login into it using two accounts: my local Hebrew one and my global English one. I would like to merge these two accounts into one. Will this ever be possible? How soon is it expected, if at all?--Nahum (talk) 01:52, 28 June 2015 (UTC)
- Yes, this will be possible in the future. It will be enabled soon (sometime this year, I hope). phab:T49918 tracks its deployment to Wikimedia wikis. --Glaisher (talk) 09:16, 28 June 2015 (UTC)
special pages - unified watchlist, unified edit history
Where can I find the following cross wiki lists:
- all my edits across all wikis
- list of all the pages on my watchlist across all wikis
- are there any other unified / cross wiki lists? unified user page? unified talk page?