|Iraqi Wikimedians User Group|
|Approval date||15 October, 2015|
|Other language(s)||Kurdish (Sorani)|
Wikimedia user groups (146)
Iraqi Wikimedians is a Wikimedian user group that has the goal of supporting Wikimedia projects in Iraq, supporting Iraqi Wikimedians, and becoming the recognized user group in Iraq in October 2015.
- To have a recognized entity in Iraq to lead the projects properly.
- To have a proper place to gather all Wikipedians in Iraq.
- To have a base that can control the upcoming Wikipedia Education Program in Iraq.
- Launching the Wikipedia Education Program for the first time in Iraq.
- Supervising the Wiki Loves Monuments contest in Iraq.
- Monthly and quarterly meetings to increase the Wiki culture in Iraq.
- Editathons and workshops to teach people how to edit Wikipedia.
- Contacting Libraries and Museums to make an effective contribution in GLAM.
- Successfully finished three workshops in Erbil to teach people about Wikipedia and how to edit it.
- About to distribute flyers regarding Wikipedia and how important it is in both languages Arabic and Kurdish.
- Started already the process of beginning the first WEP in Iraq.
Interested in participating
- Mahmood Al-Rawi.
- Usama Saad
- Sarmad Yaseen.
- أسامة الساعدي
- solider IQ16
- Omer Akram
- User:جبار محسن
- محمد علي العراقي
- غزوان محمد سليم
- Omar Alyahya
- Labeeb A. Ali
- Muhammed Sardar
- Ali Aljnabe
- حسن مهدي
- Muhammed taha
- Hasan mazin
- Luma Salman Hameed
- Abdullah Rija Al-Akidi
- Alli Khalil
- Mohammed Harith Khalil
- محمد قيس كاظم
- Recognition Iraqi Wikimedians User Group – October 2015