|Founding date||February 7, 2017|
|Approval date||February 28, 2017|
|Main office||Mangalore, India|
|Volunteers||30+ Active members|
|Official language(s)||English, Tulu,
|President||Dr Vishwanatha Badikana|
|Incorporation paper||AffCom Resolution (2017)|
|Affiliations||Affiliations Committee, Wikimedia|
Karavali Wikimedians User Group is a group of Wikimedians who will be working mainly on Tulu(tcy), Kannada(kn), and Konkani(kok) language Wikipedias and other Wikimedia (Free Knowledge) movement in the Indian languages used in coastal Karnataka and northern part of Kerala State of India. Anyone who is willing to work on these areas can become a member of this group.
We support the goals of the Wikimedia Foundation and develop a Wikimedia strategy Movement 2030 activities, including the work of volunteers on Wikimedia projects as well as numerous other sister free knowledge initiatives. Our aim is to support, promote, and educate the general public about the availability and use of free and open educational content, which includes the ability to access, develop and contribute to Wikimedia projects.
- Help the world to get to know more about the Language and Culture of Coastal Karnataka;
- Promote and encourage especially use of Tulu on all Wikimedia projects;
- Develop and establish a Wiki Education program;
- Improve quality and number of articles and other content in Tulu language in Wikimedia projects;
- Collaborate with other Wikimedia user groups and chapters, other free culture groups in India;
- Spread and promote the idea of being a Wikimedian among the Tulu people through online activities and physical outreach in schools, institutions, libraries and more;
- Act as a hub for Wikimedians in India;
- Collaborate with the wider regional and international Wikimedia community;
Designated contacts for WMF
Two designated contacts for Wikimedia Foundation:
You can see resolutions as discussed and endorsed by members.