- Projektkontaktpersoner: Sam Walton, Jake Orlowitz
- Kildekode: Github
- Phabricator: Library-Card-Platform
The tool is accessible at https://wikipedialibrary.wmflabs.org/, where you can click 'Log in' to login via OAuth with your Wikimedia account.
Applying for resources
Over 50 different publishers and databases are currently available via the platform, providing free access to their resources for use in editing Wikimedia projects. Clicking More Info on a partner will show you greater detail on their resources and application requirements. Click Apply to fill out the application form for access!
After applying, you can click your username in the top corner while logged in to go to your user page and view a list of your applications. If your application receives any comments, or is approved or rejected, you will receive an email.
Most resources have a set number of accounts available at any given time. If all accounts have been distributed, that partner will be flagged as 'Waitlisted'. Applications are still welcomed, however you may not receive access for some time - until The Wikipedia Library team are able to get more accounts or redistribute old ones.
Suggesting new partnerships
While we're continually seeking out new publisher partnerships, you can make specific suggestions on the Suggest page. Simply fill out the form with details - you can also add a +1 to other suggestions if they're of interest to you.
Some editors assist in distributing accounts to applicants by reviewing applications for specific partners. They can access the interface for reviewing at https://wikipedialibrary.wmflabs.org/applications/list/. This interface will only show applications to partners to which the coordinator is assigned.
Værktøjs grænsefladen understøtter lokalisation via translatewiki.net. Du kan finde flere informationer og tilføje oversættelser på Translating:Library Card Platform.
Visse dele af værktøjet, så som beskrivelse af udgivere, har på nuværende tidspunkt ingen understøttelse for oversættelse, men dette er dog planlagt.
Der er store planer for bibliotekskort platformen i fremtiden:
- Incorporating a proxy server for direct access to approved resources with users' single Wikipedia login. This will save needing to remember separate logins for every individual website used.
- A central search interface for searching for reliable sources across all of TWL's partners, optionally filtering for works users are approved to access.
- Immediate, no application required, access to a subset of proxied resources - known as the Library Bundle - for users who meet the minimum application criteria (500+ edits, 6+ months activity).
Code contributions are welcomed - documentation on setting up the tool locally can be found at https://github.com/WikipediaLibrary/TWLight_vagrant. Open tasks are listed on Phabricator.