|Nhân viên và nhà thầu của Wikimedia Foundation không tham gia tích cực vào việc duy trì nội dung của trang này.|
LimeSurvey is a free software useful to create forms or surveys, from simple to sophisticated ones.
The Legal Team of Wikimedia Foundation in 2022 recommended against using Google Forms. Wikimedia Foundation has a LimeSurvey instance available to staff members.
Some key features of LimeSurvey:
- full data ownership
- support to encrypt answers at database level (e.g. to encrypt name, surname, email, etc.)
- ability to translate questions in multiple languages
- support for different question types
- support for custom configurations and dependencies between questions
- backup and restore
- ability to export answers in multiple open formats (to process them with your favorite tools)
- ability to edit an already-started survey without losing answers (but please design a good questionnaire from the beginning)
- e-mail notifications (to monitor survey adoption)
Quick start guide
For details about how to use LimeSurvey, see the official quick start guide.
The guide is available in multiple languages. You can contribute to translations in CC BY-SA.
Note: the part about "Create an account" is not relevant to staff members. If you are a staff member, see the page "Surveys" on internal officewiki for access.
The official URL of the Wikimedia Foundation LimeSurvey is: https://wikimediafoundation.limesurvey.net/
There are numerous LimeSurvey hosting providers.
|Manager||Provider||Type||Domain||Tracking||Volunteers can add survey|
|Wikimedia IT||Wikimedia IT||self-hosted||wikimedia.it||No||Yes: contact WMIT|
|Wikimedia CH||Wikimedia CH||self-hosted||wikimedia.ch||No||No; try contacting WMCH|
|Quỹ Wikimedia||LimeSurvey GmbH||as a service||limesurvey.net||No||No; try contacting WMF|
|Wikimedia Small Projects||Wikimedia Small Projects||self-hosted||survey.wikisp.org||No||Yes: Fill a task in Phabricator|
|Wikimedia Argentina||LimeSurvey GmbH||as a service||https://encuestas.wikimedia.org.ar/||No||No; try contacting WMAR|
|Wikimedistas de Uruguay||LimeSurvey GmbH||as a service||-||No||No; try contacting WDU|
|Wikimedia Colombia||Wikimedia Colombia||self-hosted||https://wikimediacolombia.org/encuestas||No||No; try contacting WMCO|
|Wikimedistas del Perú||Wikimedistas del Perú||self-hosted||https://survey.wikimedia.org.pe/||No||No; try contacting WDP|
Here are some human beings who can help you with this tool:
Feel free to add yourself in this category to provide help!
Features apart, LimeSurvey can also be appreciated for some ethical values dear to Wikimedia projects (think about MediaWiki):
|Client FLOSS||Server FLOSS||No third-parties||Risk of data leak by mistake||Provided by WMF|
|Qualtrics||No||No||No||(please add this info)||Yes|
- Google Forms has an option that, if set by mistake, can publicly display all personal and sensitive information to all survey participants (such as first name, last name, nickname, email, sexual identification, etc.). This already happened in an official survey from Wikimedia Foundation on Google Forms in 2022.
- Translating LimeSurvey
- Question types in LimeSurvey
- Export responses in LimeSurvey
- How-to update or add questions to a live LimeSurvey
- Some solutions are designed to in no way allow the ability to show all survey data to the public.
- The server of this application is free software.
- This solution allows you to exclude any third party company.
- LimeSurvey has an option to show aggregate statistics; it does not support exposing specific responses in the open. This avoids many issues caused by human mistake.
- In this solution it is not possible to manage everything on your server (on-premise) or it is not possible to do it using only free software.