Maithili Wikimedians User Group/fr
|Maithili Wikimedians User Group|
|Lieu||Global online community-based|
|Code de pays ISO|
|Date d’approbation||February 8, 2016|
|Adresse de courriel||maithiliwikimediansgmail.com|
|Liste de firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Devise||Promoting Wikimedia projects in Maithili|
- ESP-WE Wikiesfera Grupo de Usuarixs
- H-GAPS H-GAPS User Group
- MK-SK Shared Knowledge
- NGA-HA Hausa Wikimedians User Group
- NGA-IG Igbo Wikimedians User Group
- RU-Don Don Wikimedians User Group
- US-NE New England Wikimedians
- WJ WikiJournal
- WK? Whose Knowledge?
Maithili Wikimedians (Maithilī Wikimedīans; officially abbreviated as MWUG) is a group of Wikimedians who work on various wiki projects related to Maithili language. Maithili Wikipedia is a free-access, free-content Internet encyclopedia, supported and hosted by the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation. Those who can access the site can edit its articles in Maithili language. Its mission is to support Maithili Wikimedians in their Wikimedia-related endeavors and to partner with local organizations in their use of Wikimedia projects.
The Affiliate's aim is to support, promote, and educate the general public about the availability and use of free and open educational content, which includes the ability to access, develop and contribute to Wikimedia projects. The affiliate was recognized by the Wikimedia Foundation Affiliation Committee (AffComm) on 8 February 2016.
Assuming good faith of taking part in Global Wiki(p)media movement and for the realization of the main aim to spread free knowledge in Maithili language, the volunteer members of the community has decided to register a local organization to support the Wikimedia Movement.
We support the goals of the Wikimedia Foundation and develop a Wikimedia strategy Movement 2030 activities, including the work of volunteers on Wikimedia projects as well as numerous other sister free knowledge initiatives.
- Promotion of Wikipedia in Maithili language.
- Improve content about Mithila region and related topics in English and all other languages.
- Promotion of Maithili and Mithila related topics in different languages Wikipedia projects.
- Promotion and awareness of Wikimedia projects related to Maithili language in Nepal and India.
- Engage the community and gain new contributors for the User Group and Wikimedia projects.
- Cooperate with other institutions with similar missions and visions to promote free knowledge movement in Maithili speaking countries.
- Legalize the User Group in Maithili speaking countries (Nepal and India) with accordance to their respected legislation.
- Cooperating with local authorities, organizations and individuals to receive grants and other materials to promote free knowledge.
- To co-operate with Wikimedia Foundation and its affiliates, Wikimedia communities and other local and international organisations to further goals of the Wikimedia movement and enrich the Wikimedia projects.
- Organizing Wiki Meetups.
- Organizing online – offline article writing competition.
- Conducting Workshops and Meetups.
- Promotion of Wikimedia projects and Free content in general.
- Encourage the use of Wikimedia resources in education.
- Organize Events to collect Creative Commons Contents and Upload it at Commons Wikimedia.
Designated contacts for WMF
Two designated contacts for Wikimedia Foundation:
Any contributor of the Wikimedia projects can become a General member of this User Group. If you want to join us and become a member, please contact us via email. You can find contact info in the section right below. Or click the "Joins us" button below.
On this page you can find a complete list of our volunteers.
Participation in regional and global Wikimedia events
Contact us at Email: maithiliwikimediansgmail.com
Official Website: https://mai.wikimedia.org