- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a closed Meta-Wiki request. Please do not modify it.
This bot runs specific tracking missions related to the Wikimedia Community User Group Côte d'Ivoire or the WikiAfrica project in general. For instance it might track the existence of translated version of articles as it is being done on on this page. African Hope (talk) 12:43, 16 February 2017 (UTC)
- Bonjour. How many edits a day can the bot do on average? Do you want to run the bot for now just to update that table? If so, I think we can approve the bot to operate w/o flag if it's not going to flood recent changes. Best regards, —MarcoAurelio 13:20, 18 February 2017 (UTC)
- Hello @MarcoAurelio: and @Base: and thanks for your feedback. The bot only focuses on updating this table for now, doing 1 update per hour. But of course since it aims at running various tracking tasks (here for example) related to WikiAfrica and Côte d'Ivoire project the flag would be convenient, if possible however. --African Hope (talk) 14:21, 21 February 2017 (UTC)
There are several points to consider. First of all, as mentioned by MarcoAurelio such low rate edits are OK without a bot flag. Then, the same task could be managed by the engine itself via a Lua module, see a CEE Spring recommended articles list with similar purpose. That being said, if you still insist on receiving bot flag for this task or perhaps have some future plans in mind which will require such a flag, I do not see reasons to oppose the request either, so I guess it is a Support on my part. --Base (talk) 12:24, 19 February 2017 (UTC)
- @Base: you made a good point concerning the Lua module used on this page. This approach could be a better fit if I can manage to set it up. Could you provide links for getting started? Basically, the table should indicate, for the articles under this Category, if there are existing translations in these languages. --African Hope (talk) 14:21, 21 February 2017 (UTC)
@African Hope: I did a quick check of the edits of your bot and so far I have no objections on approving the bot with a flag but only for the table update for now. Should you wish to run further tasks later, a new request for bot status should be filled. Do you agree with that? —MarcoAurelio 09:14, 23 February 2017 (UTC)
- @MarcoAurelio: Yes I do. Plus, I guess this is the policy for bots: making a new request when running tasks that are different from the original purpose of the bot. So I have no objection. African Hope (talk) 09:48, 23 February 2017 (UTC)
Approved to update that table, further tasks will require approval. Flagged to avoid RC flood. —MarcoAurelio 12:20, 23 February 2017 (UTC)
- The above request page is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Comments about this page should be made in Meta:Babel or Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat.