Meta talk:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat/Archives/2014

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Reporting vandal only accounts and inappropriate usernames

Hello. I would like to know that are there any noticeboards here on Meta where I can report vandal only accounts and inappropriate usernames ? I already do this stuff on the English Wikipedia and sometimes come across same accounts being created here which are already blocked on Wikipedia. I would like to know the right place to report all these things. Thank you. TheGeneralUser (talk) 17:15, 6 February 2014 (UTC)Reply[reply]

You can report vandals local to Meta on WM:RFH (the project page for this talk page). For crosswiki vandalism, SRG is the best place to report (also Vandalism reports). We don't have a specific equivalent to WP:AIV or WP:UAA, so we just use the requests for help page (equivalent to WP:AN). PiRSquared17 (talk) 17:19, 6 February 2014 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I get it for the vandals, but what about the inappropriate usernames ? Are those also reported on RFH or somewhere else ? TheGeneralUser (talk) 12:29, 7 February 2014 (UTC)Reply[reply]
For a Meta admin to locally block, RFH. For a steward to globally lock (and possibly hide), SRG. We do not have noticeboards for specific kinds of vandalism. PiRSquared17 (talk) 12:31, 7 February 2014 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Well, that was quite helpful. Thanks for your reply PIRSquared17 :) TheGeneralUser (talk) 22:39, 7 February 2014 (UTC)Reply[reply]
This section was archived on a request by: DannyS712 (talk) 09:17, 1 August 2020 (UTC)Reply[reply]