- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it.
This is a proposal for closing and/or deleting a wiki hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation. It is subject to the current closing projects policy.
The proposal is rejected and the project will be kept open.
- Type: 1 (routine proposal)
- Proposed outcome: closure
- Proposed action regarding the content: should be transferred to Wikimedia Incubator
- Notice on the project: (Please warn the project.)
- Informed Group(s): (Which chapters, wiki projects, and other community groups have been informed, if any.)
Notice: Can be found here
This project is a type 1 proposal. I believe that this Wikibooks edition is a dead one. Kazakh is certainly a major language of Asia, with over 8 Million speakers. The Kazakh Wikipedia has made a major growth in its existence, with over 60,000 articles as of July 19 2011. However, Kazakh Wikibooks is a dead Wikibooks (invalid?). Most Kazakh speakers have NOT contributed, with only 2 articles since the closure of the last discussion source. This is VERY slow. Most Kazakhs are contributing to the Kazakh Wikipedia, and most likely never even heard of the Wikibooks. Kazakh Wikipedia has had a slow growth, and most work should be focused on the Wikipedia. Also, there seems to be a complete lack of interest in this project. Again, most are working on the Kazakh Wikipedia, not Wikibooks. I propose that this wiki be locked, but NOT deleted. If interest shows and soon this wiki is no longer dead and there is more interest in developing a Kazakh Wikibooks, this will be withdrawn. If little or no improvement is shown within 30 days, this Wikibooks is not worthy of making a title.
- Support - As proposer--Speedy Gonzalez 01:12, 21 July 2011 (UTC)
- Support - All books are written in an encyclopedia-style (I can't understand Kazakh but I can see how section, titles etc are organized) ; content page is empty, there is no real and constructive edits since more than 30 days, and some titles are not in Kazakh. --Jagwar 交談 homewiki 21:12, 2 August 2011 (UTC)
- No content + no activity = no wiki. -- Dferg 09:25, 21 August 2011 (UTC)
- Close, clicking on random page (which i suppose is the 5th button on the left menu), i only saw 5 pages, the main page, this page which i just recently marked for deletion, this one which seems to not be for wikibooks, and two more. There is no activity in this project, at all.--Jcaraballo 15:19, 4 September 2011 (UTC)
- Support. According to Special:Statistics, there are only 267 pages on that wiki, including 8 content pages. Burstling Miraculous Power 15:40, 10 September 2011 (UTC)
- Support, no content and no activity. --Node ue 23:28, 20 September 2011 (UTC)
- Support Mohamed Aden Ighe 13:41, 24 September 2011 (UTC)
- Support closure, per Dferg. —stay (sic)! 15:27, 15 December 2011 (UTC)
- Oppose --N KOziTalk 13:53, 31 August 2011 (UTC)
- oppose--►Safir yüzüklü Ceklimesaj 11:03, 1 September 2011 (UTC)
- Contra.--Midnight Green 14:07, 31 October 2011 (UTC)
- It's a project in a great living language. 100% oppose.--U.Steele 22:12, 3 December 2011 (UTC)
- Oppose As U.Steele notes below, there's a great deal of recent activity from one user. Unfortunately I don't speak Kazakh and neither does Google Translate, so I can't tell what they are exactly, but I can see said user has created several new pages, and they don't appear to be gibberish. As previously noted, Kazakh has at least 10 million speakers, and it's a country with a rapidly growing economy and a language with a rapidly growing Wikipedia. I think that locking the project will be a self-fulfilling prophecy. --Quintucket 21:07, 18 December 2011 (UTC)
- We should write to the Kazakh community to have their opinion about the closure. --Jagwar 交談 homewiki 21:14, 2 August 2011 (UTC)
- Noticed in English in Kasakh script. Burstling Miraculous Power 16:04, 10 September 2011 (UTC)
- Some recent activity, let's see if there are some news articles coming up. --OosWesThoesBes 12:07, 4 October 2011 (UTC)
- Proposal to close and accept this request. All content to the incubator. ~~EBE123~~ talkContribs 12:14, 28 October 2011 (UTC)
- Hey, don't close it! See recent changes...--U.Steele 05:32, 18 December 2011 (UTC)
- Sigh.. at the moment I looked at it, the wiki contained 8 content pages, mostly just one word. Now, suddenly, there is a lot of activity. If we change our decision and keep it open, how long will that be sustained? SPQRobin (talk) 18:59, 18 December 2011 (UTC)
- I don't know. In any case it has at least one native speaker who interested in this.--U.Steele 13:52, 19 December 2011 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it.