Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Madurese 2
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Madurese 2|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||mad (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Madurese||Language name in English|
|Language name||Madhurâ||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q36213 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||no indication||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Project name||Wikipèḍia||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||Wikipèḍia||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||Pakanḍhâ'ân Wikipèḍia||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Jakarta||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit phabricator task (includes everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings)|
Madurese is an Austronesian language spoken in Indonesia. Madurese speakers are concentrated mainly in the island of Madura and in coastal eastern part of Java. Considerable Madurese population also can be found in Borneo and many neighboring islands in Java Sea. There are more than 14 millions native Madurese speakers in Indonesia, making it the fifth most spoken language in Indonesian archipelago.
Madurese language was written in Carakan (Javanese script) and Pegon (modified Arabic script), but now Latin-based script is widely used to compose most Madurese contemporary publications.
Madurese language is an inseparable component of Madurese culture. Delivering knowledge in Madurese language through Wikipedia will be very beneficial for the Madurese people and also Madurese language learners. The growing number of Wikipedia editors in Indonesia is another advantage to support this project. --Boesenbergia (talk) 07:31, 6 November 2020 (UTC)
- Support Willy2000 (talk) 23:17 1 February 2015 (UTC)
- Support RusdianaDablang (talk) 00:46, 4 May 2017 (UTC)
- Support Madurese is the 3rd largest regional language in Indonesia after Javanese and Sundanese with 13 million speakers. Masjawad99 (talk) 7:28, 11 Nov 2017 (UTC)
- Support Wirjadisastra (talk) 03:38, 26 April 2020 (UTC)
- Support AbdiAfrizal (talk) 11:18, 27 April 2020 (UTC)
- Support Madura is a prominent regional language with steady user base. With proper support and a stable community of editor, a Madura Wikipedia would be feasible. D.W. Fisher-Freberg (talk) 13:30, 10 June 2020 (UTC)
- Support Madurese is arguably the biggest language in Indonesia in term of native speakers that doesn't have its own Wikipedia site yet. Pinerineks (talk) 07:48, 6 November 2020 (UTC)
- Support Perhaps we only have small number of active contributors in Incubator, and less than 1,000 articles but we do improve our quality of articles. We also finished all of most important messages in translatewiki, however our Wikipedia site not yet hatched. Boesenbergia (talk) 16:10, 10 November 2020 (UTC)
User:Boesenbergia, User:Pinerineks and everyone else: Please complete the settings in the table at the top of the page. Notably the translation for the "Wikipedia talk" namespace is still missing. --MF-W 16:40, 3 December 2020 (UTC)
- @MF-Warburg: Hello, I just changed wikipedia talk to Madurese. Thank you. --Boesenbergia (talk) 03:22, 4 December 2020 (UTC)
Media: Special Talk User User_talk $1_talk [= Project talk, e.g. Wikipedia talk] File File_talk MediaWiki MediaWiki_talk Template Template_talk Help Help_talk Category Category_talk
- Hi User:MF-Warburg, this is translations for namespaces:
- Pakanḍhâ'ânna_$1 [= Pakanḍhâ'ânna proyèk, contona pakanḍhâ'ânna Wikipèḍia]
- --Boesenbergia (talk) 08:23, 8 December 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks! --MF-W 09:36, 8 December 2020 (UTC)