User talk:David Wadie Fisher-Freberg

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Invitation to affiliate members to complete a survey about WMF wide Universal Code of Conduct[edit]

Hello; My name is Mervat, and I am helping the Trust and Safety team to reach out to affiliates in order to discuss the Universal Code of Conduct. I am contacting you as you are a member of the Wikimedians for Sustainable Development User Group. If you have received this from other user groups/chapters, you can ignore.

There has been talks about the need for a global set of conduct rules in different communities over time, and finally, Wikimedia Foundation Board announced a Community Culture Statement, enacting new standards to address harassment and promote inclusivity across projects.Since the universal code of conduct that will be a binding minimum set of standards across all Wikimedia projects, will apply to all of us, staff and volunteers alike, all around the globe, and will impact our work as groups, individuals and projects, it’s of great importance that we all participate in expressing our opinions and thoughts about UCoC, its nature, what we think it should cover or include and what it shouldn’t include; how it may develop, drawback or help our groups.   This is the time to talk about it. As you are a valuable contributor to the Wikimedia movement, your voice counts. Before starting to draft the code of conduct, we would like to hear from you; We invite you to devote some minutes to take this survey; your answers will help us create a safer environment for all on Wikimedia:

(English) https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd36dNdU3C5shXEkKp9itJOhuCTx9hZE5AE-xflkxtfRMnZtg/viewform?usp=pp_url  

It’s possible that you are a member of more than one affiliate; hence you may receive this survey more than once, and you may have participated previously in the discussions or filled out a previous survey during the first round of consultations about UCoC which targeted wikipedia/wikimedia communities. We apologize for this; it is really difficult to identify if a wikimedian belongs to multiple groups that work to spread free knowledge. Looking forward to your thoughts and opinions and hoping that you can respond within the next 2 weeks.  If you have any questions about the surveys or difficulties accessing the link, please contact me by email (msalman-ctr@wikimedia.org)Results will be considered during the drafting process for the UCoC. Thank you for your participation.

Mervat Salman - Trust & Safety (Policy) Facilitator, Wikimedia Foundation. --Mervat (WMF) (talk) 12:15, 4 August 2020 (UTC)

Global Conversations registration reminder[edit]

Hi David Wadie Fisher-Freberg,

This is a reminder that if you have not yet registered for the Global Conversations on Nov. 21 and 22, please do so! Register here. Registration closes by Nov. 20. We will email you the login information for Zoom prior to the call. Thank you. Looking forward to welcoming you this weekend.

MPourzaki (WMF) (talk) 16:25, 17 November 2020 (UTC)

Sunday November 29 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Take flight with us.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, and October SWAN meetings, and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including the recent proposed changes to the Wikimedia Foundation Bylaws, this month we are meeting on Sunday November 29, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(Note that the UTC times of and are the same as before, although a number of places have had daylight savings time changes since our last meeting).--Pharos (talk) 01:27, 27 November 2020 (UTC)

What's Next (Wikipedia Asian Month 2020)![edit]

Wikipedia Asian Month 2020

Congratulations! The Wikipedia Asian Month has ended successfully and you've done amazing work of organizing. What we've got and what's next?

  • We have at least 6,672 articles made during this edition.
  • Make sure all the jury members judge all articles before December 31st, Once you finish the judging, please update this page.
  • There will be two round of qualified participants' address collection scheduled: January 1st and January 10th 2021.
  • Please report the local Wikipedia Asian Ambassador (who has most accepted articles) on this page, if the 2nd participants have more than 30 accepted articles, you will have two ambassadors.
  • Please update the final version of organizer and jury member list on this page.
  • In case you wondering how can you use the Wikipedia Asian Month tool (Fountain) in your own contest, contact the developer Le Loy for more information.
  • If you need some assistance, please feel free to contact us via sending email to info@asianmonth.wiki. To reduce misunderstanding, please contact us in English.

Best wishes,

Wikipedia Asian Month International Team, 2020.12

Sunday January 10 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Into the blue.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, and November SWAN meetings, and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including SWAN input on Interim Global Council and Movement Charter, this month we are meeting on Sunday January 10, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

To start the exchange of ideas on the IGC early, and to help prepare before the SWAN calls, we have set up and invite everyone to participate at this etherpad. If you like a more interactive way of discussing, we have also made a jamboard. Check here for more details.

--Pharos (talk) 14:51, 4 January 2021 (UTC)

Help wanted for global templates[edit]

You have shown support for global templates in the past. Staff of the Wikimedia Foundation view this change as big. We need to convince the Wikimedia Foundation to start working on this. We have to reassure them there is sufficient support by local project communities.

You can help move this forward.

Please do setup a page on the local projects you are (most) active on in the language of the project. Tell your fellow editors why you believe global templates are necessary. Follow the local project decision process to come to a discussion outcome as support or not. There is plenty of time for discussion. Please reach a conclusion before the end of April 2021.

Please translate the coordinating page on meta to languages you are proficient in. Gathering support from local projects for global templates

Please add a line to this meta page with a link to a discussion page on your local project(s).

The goal is to have the Wikimedia Foundation include a program to develop infrastructure for global templates in their 2021/2022 Annual Plan. The Wikimedia Foundation will decide on the Annual Plan in May/June this year.

The aim is to have several dozen local project communities to show support, and little concerns, issues or objections. Of course, any project can continue to use their local templates.

When you have questions about this initiative you can reach me at ad(_AT_)huikeshoven.org or + 31 6 40293574, and also on Telegram and Signal. You can also raise questions on the talk page on meta. Maybe some people would like to discuss this initiative in a meeting. Please let me know whether you would like to join a Zoom meeting in February.

Regards,

Ad Huikeshoven (talk) 12:14, 25 January 2021 (UTC)

@Ad Huikeshoven: thank you for your message. I will forward this to the Indonesian and ESEAP (technical) community spaces, and I will let you know if there's anyone who would like to participate in the planned Zoom meeting. Best, dwf² 16:09, 25 January 2021 (UTC)
Ad: cool, agreed that this is of the highest importance. Howdy User:dwf2, Just stopped by to say hello to you, this is as good a place as any :) –SJ talk  17:22, 3 February 2021 (UTC)
Hi there Sj, hope you are safe and well. Thanks for stopping by! dwf² 22:39, 3 February 2021 (UTC)

Movement Strategy: Follow-Up Event on Funding for underrepresented communities[edit]

Hello! You have expressed interest in joining our follow-up event funding for underrepresented communities. It will take place on Friday, January 29, between 15:00 to 17:00 UTC. The event will take place on Zoom, here's the Zoom link. The call does not have a password. If you would like to have proper calendar invite for your digital calendar, please email us strategy2030(_AT_). See you on Friday, --Cornelius Kibelka (WMF) (talk to me) 18:53, 27 January 2021 (UTC)

Movement Strategy: Follow-Up Event on Regional & Thematic Hubs[edit]

Hello! You have expressed interest in joining our follow-up event funding for regional and thematic hubs. It will take place twice on Saturday, January 30, between 4:00 to 6:00 UTC and between 18:00 to 20:00 UTC. Here's the Zoom link. The call has a password, that I'm sending to you separately via wiki-mail. If you would like to have proper calendar invite for your digital calendar, please email us strategy2030(_AT_)wikimedia.org. See you on Saturday, --Cornelius Kibelka (WMF) (talk to me) 19:05, 27 January 2021 (UTC)

Sunday February 21 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

We are a mosiac.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, and January SWAN meetings and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates, this month we are meeting on Sunday February 21, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

To help set priorities for the SWAN agenda, and also to help manage which global conversations should be a focus in general, we have set up and invite everyone to participate at this SWAN priorities form.

Possible topics include Community Board seats, Interim Global Council, Strategy prioritization follow-up events, Branding, Universal Code of Conduct, Grant strategy, and WMF CEO search. That is a lot of things, which are most important to cover in our upcoming SWAN meeting?

Following the regular call, in SWAN after hours: Wikimedia Meet Jitsi social event with brainstorming for possible Nano Charter ideas, plus any other topics.

--Pharos (talk) 17:54, 18 February 2021 (UTC)

Sunday March 21 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Community as a hand-carved gem.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, and February SWAN meetings and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Grants relaunch, Universal Code of Conduct/Discussions, Wikimedia Enterprise / OKAPI, Community Board seats, Interim Global Council + Movement Charter, and WMF Executive Transition

This month we are meeting on Sunday March 21, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(Note that the UTC times of and are the same as before, although some places have had daylight savings time changes since our last meeting).--Pharos (talk) 19:35, 17 March 2021 (UTC)

Sunday April 25 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Swanlings grow up together.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, and March SWAN meetings and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Interim Global Council + Movement Charter, WMF Resolution about the upcoming Board elections, Community Resilience and Sustainability role in Movement Strategy coordination, Grants Strategy Relaunch, and WMF Executive Transition

This month we are meeting on Sunday April 25, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(Note that the UTC times of and are the same as before, although some places may have had daylight savings time changes since our last meeting).--Pharos (talk) 04:13, 23 April 2021 (UTC)

The Signpost: 25 April 2021[edit]

WikipediaSignpostIcon.svg
News, reports and features from the English Wikipedia's weekly journal about Wikipedia and Wikimedia

Sunday June 6 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Swan of healing.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, March, and April SWAN meetings, as well as last June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter + Movement Strategy/Events, WMF Board elections, Wikimania 2021, and Grants Regional Committees.

This month we are meeting on Sunday June 6, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and *Note that we have shifted the second call an hour earlier in UTC time due to popular demand and to accomodate daylight savings*.)--Pharos (talk) 20:43, 3 June 2021 (UTC)

Translation notification: VisualEditor/Newsletter/2021/June[edit]

Hello David Wadie Fisher-Freberg,

You are receiving this notification because you signed up as a translator to Bahasa Indonesia on Meta. The page VisualEditor/Newsletter/2021/June is available for translation. You can translate it here:

The priority of this page is medium. The deadline for translating this page is 2021-06-20.

This short newsletter is good news about posting comments on wiki. You can try out the "Discussion tools" in the Beta Features here at Meta-Wiki, too: Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-betafeatures. Thank you!

Your help is greatly appreciated. Translators like you help Meta to function as a truly multilingual community.

You can change your notification preferences.

Thank you!

Meta translation coordinators‎, 00:15, 16 June 2021 (UTC)