Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Nenets
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Nenets|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||yrk (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Nenets||Language name in English|
|Language name||Ненэцяʼ вада||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q36452 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Community||Владислав Песков (N), Jugydmort (P), Kaganer (P)
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
|Project name||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Continent/City||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
A living language (with 40,000 speakers).
Arguments in favour
- Support --U.Steele 20:05, 29 July 2011 (UTC)
- Support --Jugydmort 11:25, 14 September 2011 (UTC)
- Support It is the biggest nothern indigeneous language of Russia with 40 000 speakers--Kaiyr (talk) 09:19, 23 May 2012 (UTC)
- Support--Аришин Дмитрий (talk) 07:10, 5 January 2013 (UTC)
- Support --Andrijko Z. (talk) 06:21, 21 January 2013 (UTC)
- Support 188.8.131.52 00:32, 9 March 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose, the number of native speakers is very low, articles on the incubator page are almost empty (2-3 Nenets words with links on Russian), it means that this community is not active and, unfortunately, in my opinion, can not be active at all. A lot of people, who can speak Nenets, live in tundra without the Internet access, most of them are old people. So a lot of young Nenets people living in cities and using Internet can not read and write Nenets language fluently. Therefore I think that this Wiki will be empty and not useful, unfortunately. --LexArt 08:30, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
- Oppose - I regret voting this way, but I am not convinced by the number of speakers.-MacRusgail (talk) 23:00, 11 December 2014 (UTC)
Is this request for Forest or Tundra Nenets? --OosWesThoesBes 08:32, 9 April 2011 (UTC)
Tundra--Jugydmort 15:47, 19 April 2011 (UTC)
- There is only one Nenets recognised under the yrk code.. Both Forest and Tundra are understood to be the same language. We are talking Nenets not Enets.. GerardM (talk) 12:22, 18 November 2012 (UTC)
Forest Nenets de-facto is separate language, but it have very few speakers and not have official status. Here is Tundra Nenets project (de-facto). May be, we need to create a separate Forest Nenets project, if we find his speakers. (Sorry, if my English is bad). --Jugydmort (talk) 16:09, 7 December 2012 (UTC)