Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Nogai
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Nogai|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||nog (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Nogai||Language name in English|
|Language name||Nogayşa||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q33871 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Links||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||Vikipediya||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||Vikipediya||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||Keñezi üyi||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Wikipedia-logo-v2-nog-Latn.svg||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Europe/Moscow||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit Phabricator task (includes everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings)|
- As far as I can tell there are no native speakers, or even competent non-native speakers involved in the incubator. A new Wikipedia should probably not be made until there are at least one native speaker around to edit it. - Francis Tyers (talk) 23:33, 28 September 2013 (UTC)
- Well, the problem is that in order to let this project be approved, you should provide evidences that at least 3+ active users are contributed in the past several months, while there are other requirements for approval, this one is the minimal requirement per se. By checking , @TayfunEt.: is the de facto only active users, are there any two more users who will actively contribute Wp/nog? Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 01:07, 18 April 2022 (UTC)
- A hint: The same tool told me that @Mirzabegoviç, Рөстәм Нурыев, Yerzayan 94, PatrickDubois125, SSgt.Vensky, Yerzayan, and Devlet Geray: were actively contributed but nowadays inactive. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 01:09, 18 April 2022 (UTC)