Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Nones
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Nones|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||(SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Nones||Language name in English|
|Language name||Nones||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q1055027 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||no indication||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Links||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||Wikipedia||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||UTC + 1 (CET)||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit Phabricator task. It will include everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings. After creating the task, add a link to the comment.|
- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.
I wanted to ask you if I could add "Nones" as a new language on Wikipedia. I live in northern Italy, and Nones is spoken by many people in the region of Trentino - Alto Adige. It is a very nice language and in our areas it is very important and understood by everybody. Thank you! — The preceding unsigned comment was added by Kinghoden (talk) March 2013 (UTC)
From merged Requests for new languages/Nones:
- "Nones_Language" is a language of the family of the Ladin_language, spoken in the Non_Valley in Italy. Many linguists say that it is a variant or a dialect of the Ladin language, since it shares many similarities. As alls know, the Ladin Language is certenly a Language, but there isn't a "standard-ladin". Then Nones Language is a variant of the Ladin Language and a part of it. A Man called Mussolini - shure not a friend of the minorities - wrote in "Il Trentino visto da un Socialista" that "The Non valley" is a "semi-ladin valley"".
Why can't you just write in the Ladin testwiki? Other languages, like Emilian and Romagnol share wikis: Emilian and Romagnol language, for example. Also, you can see the Norman or Alemannic Wikipedia for example of how to have Wikipedia pages in multiple dialects. πr2 (t • c) 22:44, 8 February 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose No ISO code, no project. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 10:48, 4 March 2019 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.