Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Tachelhit
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Tachelhit|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||shi (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Tashelhiyt||Language name in English|
|Language name||ⵜⴰⵛⵍⵃⵉⵢⵜ||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q34152 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Community||Zanatos11 (N), Dalinanir (N), Maryana (N), Muhand Umhand (N), Il icfln (N), Brahim Taglgult (N), Hemmu Uhmad (N), Zanifi (N), Lhossine (N), Drxbay (N), Nebandan (N), Brahim-essaidi (N), Amara-Amaziɣ (N)|
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
|Links||Roman en tachlḥit, Institut Royal de la Culture Amazighe, Create en tfinagh, page of tachelhit on INALCO website, journal électronique amazigh en 04 langues, Linkportal with many Berber sites; Amadalamazigh.com, Ethnologue Report for Tashelhit, Vocabulaire grammatical, phonologie amazigh , Nouvel-gram-amazigh, lexique des medias, Dictionaire en ligne taclhit-tafransist, Tachelhit Lexicon, Petits Cours De Tachelhit (Wiki Amazigh), SUITES DE CONSONNES EN BERBERE CHLEUH: PHONETIQUE ET PHONOLOGIE, The loss of Negative Verb Morphology in tashlhit, Lexique-Francais-Tachelhit, Aṣṭṭa amaẓiɣ||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Africa/Casablanca||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
There are :
* 862 articles, categories, templates, and talk pages; * 90 redirects; * 46 editors (including any with at least one edit); * 4182 revisions (including 329 minor edits).
Dalinanir 21:29, 21 November 2010 (UTC)
* 1096 articles, categories, templates, and talk pages; * 109 redirects; * 55 editors (including any with at least one edit); * 5984 revisions (including 405 minor edits).
--220.127.116.11 23:43, 30 January 2011 (UTC)
Arguments in favour
- Support Tachelhit is a living language , with more than 8 million speaker in the south of Morocco with an important minorities in other countries like algeria france Netherlands and spain. and i believe that tachelhit wikipedia will be a real source of knowledges for the Chleuhs people. and it has a valid iso code (shi).--Zanatos11 14:59, 1 July 2007 (UTC)
- Support. There is already Kabyle Wikipedia. As tacelḥit speakers are larger than taqbaylit (kabyle) ones, I think it's reasonable to create this subproject. Of course, I suppose there are tacelḥit contributors :-) Ayadho 07:45, 2 July 2007 (UTC)
- Support Enough speakers, living. I believe this Wikipedia can run! --Markvondeegel 11:12, 3 July 2007 (UTC)
- Support I'd advice you to go here, spread the word, I am confident that you'll be able to gather a strong community. Also, don't forget to create a test page in the incubator. Toira 16:19, 8 July 2007 (UTC)
- Support Tachelhit is the mother tongue for more than 8 million of people in Morocco, while Icelandic is only spoken by less than 1 million. So why we don't create a tachelhit Wikipedia, when we have an Icelandic one?? Sympatico 23:55, 9 October 2007 (UTC)
- eventho i would prefer to make a Wikipedia for the standard Tamazight, this would be good too, i can't speak Tamazight right now but i would like to found a Wikipedia in Tamazight when I'll learn it(and i will) so I can read and contribute in the great language of our great ancestors, a language that witnessed 5000 years of great civilization(for that racist islamist below me that is way before arabs even existed).
- support of course, sounds like a beautiful languageQrc2006 17:37, 10 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support Willy2000 13:57, 26 December 2008 (UTC)
- support of course j' ai contribue de temps en temps et je supporte bien sûr. Anonyme ..novembre 2010
- support of course I support this project. Tachelhit language is one of the languages most spoken throughout Morocco. It is a beautiful language. Imazighnes Soussi of the world in need of an encyclopedia. This language has a literary oral and written important. Poetry, nice music, theater and fine arts. This culture gives a tremendous value added to the Amazigh civilization north of Africa. Currently this language is protected and developed by the Royal Institute for Cultural amazigh. Dalinanir 10:30, 20 November 2010 (UTC)
- support of course There are enough articles and speakers.Kaiyr 21:47, 20 November 2010 (UTC)
- I support and I encouraged of course. Is the language that many people talking. It is also the most talked about everything Amazigh languages around the world. The number of speakers of that language is larger than that given officially. In Morocco they speak strongly tachelhit and there are thousands of Amazigh associations that struggling against discrimination against the language Maryana 09:00, 21 November 2010 (UTC)
- Support language Tachelhit is the variety of Tamazight most spoken and less Arabized compared to all the varieties of Tamazight spoken in Morocco. Were created wikipedia in dialects spoken by 10 000 people and it seems only right to create a wikipedia to a language spoken by more than 8000 000. --Muhand Umhand (msg) 09:28, 22 November 2010 (UTC)
- 'Support': Natives speakers of Tachelhit have the competency and willingness to contribute to this project in the long-term. Hence the Tachelhit language deserves to be given the opportunity and priviledge to have its own language edition of Wikipedia along with the existing Berber languages such as Kabyle. --Jose77 03:36, 24 November 2010 (UTC)
- support of course Tachelhit, like other Berber languages, a vast body of oral literature in a wide variety and all kinds. Il icfln 09:43, 25 November 2010 (UTC)
- I support Wikipedia taclhit, is the variety of berber spoken more also has a wealth of literature, oral and written. --Brahim Taglgult 15:49, 9 December 2010 (UTC)
- I support Wikipedia in taclhit. --Hemmu Uhmad 15:29, 28 January 2011 (UTC)
- I support this new Wikipedia. --Marrovi 03:36, 13 September 2011 (UTC)
- Support, for a reason Tachelhit speakers are the ones who pushed the tifinagh alphabet to be revived. Tifinagh is the alphabet of all Berber languages, and fits much better than a latin alphabet that the kabyles insist on using. Tachelhit is more of a standard Berber than Kabyle, because more speakers from Central Morocco and The Riff, as well as the Libyans, can understand Tachelhit more than Kabyle, which possesses many Arabic loan roots. 18.104.22.168 21:40, 20 November 2011 (UTC)
- Support:Lhossine 15:51, 23 February 2011 (UTC)
- Oppose: virtually inactive; see here. SF-Language 16:57, 20 October 2007 (UTC)
- Oppose: you guys are not gonna make it, instead of creating new languages try to improve the arabic one first, there is so much work to do on it, personally I don't speak Tamazight, some members of my family do, and all the ones who speak Tamazight never heard of wikipedia, or even internet, regardless that they have no clue about those brand-new characters, but most of them, have studied Arabic, and understand it more than Tamazight itself, and how on the world they let them create Egyptian wikipedia ? they use almost the same arabic words, the purpose of the Egyptian(arz) wikipedia is to say that we made it, most of the articles are literally copied from Arabic, with a little modification, and 99% of the articles, have only the introduction, so I think that Tamazight will be just another fail like the arz ! Open your minds, and stop politics. and finally what will be the difference between the already approved kab wiki ? and about your test page, I don't see a test page, I see a copy of the italian wikipedia homepage, with pictures missing ... is that the new language ?--22.214.171.124 12:33, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
- Tamazight has nothing to do with Arabic or French. is totally independent. should not it is opposed by racism to other things .. you should look for other excuses .. Everyone knows you do your best. to deter gents .. I advise you to meddle at your wikipedia. We all contributed to wikipedia without stories..126.96.36.199 17:34, 31 november 2010 (UTC)
- Amother faschistic arabo-muslim showing his hate and ignorance. BTW, nothing prooves that these north africans didnt speak tamazight (which is much more logical because 99% of the population spoke only tamazight at that time). There is no one more anti-islamic than these faschsitic arabs, who turn ridiculusly Allah to an arab-speaking god and arab-traditions and interest protecting god, while He is soppused to be Universal, Fair and not having any human characteristics, including language and culture. Concerning the french colonization anti-islamic propaganda, first imazighen were proud of their culture much before any foreign atempts to use it again north africans, and they didn't cooperate with France as most of the resitance was not in the "Arab" cities (in reality arabic-speaking and not arab arabs), but rather in the country side and mountains (mostly tamazight speaking). Let's not forget that most of the arab-speaking aristocracy were indeed ferench and spanish colaborators. I don't think that the so called "arabs" in Tamazgha(who anyway have 0% pride in their north africanism, not to be confused with arabophone north africans who don't identify with this artificial and imperialistic/pseudo-elites arab identity) have any right for any opinions concerning us, northwest africans, wether we speak tamazigh, darija, or don't speak at all. Just take care of your REAL arabic (middle eastern) businesses. Or you shouldn't: real arabic civilization deserves some one better, smarter, more human than you, not fasichtic supremacist borgs.
- It is not nice to show such ignorance. GerardM 16:10, 20 October 2007 (UTC)
- To the board: The language subcommittee recommends the creation of a tachelhit Wikipedia (see the request). This language is well-established, has a very wide audience, a large interested community, a unanimous discussion on Meta, a successful test project, an almost complete souss interface, and a standard code.Lhossine 15:57, 14 February 2011 (UTC)
- What's missing to open wikipedia in tachelhit?--Muhand Umhand 10:04, 19 February 2011 (UTC)
- I have now emailed an expert to verify the content, when that is done I will put in the bug request so that the Tachelhit Wikipedia is created. You have all done a good job! :-) Jon Harald Søby 16:42, 14 February 2011 (UTC)
Former votes in favor
These votes predate the implementation of the language proposal policy, so many of them don't provide arguments or reasoning.
Other relevant proposals
- Should be coordinated with Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Berber... AnonMoos 13:25, 9 September 2009 (UTC)
Currently the localisation of the Most often used messages for Tachelhit is at 0.40%. This needs to be at 100% to fulfill the requirements for a new project. These statistics are seen at BetaWiki. Thanks, GerardM 08:39, 11 January 2008 (UTC)
- Currently 11.04% of the most used messages have been localised. GerardM 07:01, 4 April 2008 (UTC)
- Currently 23.49% of the most used MediaWiki messages have been localised. Localisation of these messages is a requirement before your request is finally assessed. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 13:02, 12 November 2008 (UTC)
- Currently 26.27% of the most used MediaWiki messages have been localised. Localisation of these messages is a requirement before your request is finally assessed. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 22:19, 16 October 2009 (UTC)
- Currently 37.71% of the most used MediaWiki messages have been localised. Localisation of these messages is a requirement before your request is finally assessed. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 14:56, 26 October 2009 (UTC)
- Currently 100% of the most used MediaWiki messages have been localised Dalinanir 19:26 17 novembre 2010 (UTC)
|User / User_talk|
|Wikipedia / Wikipedia_talk|
|Image / Image_talk||Tawlaft /|
|MediaWiki / MediaWiki_talk|
|Template / Template_talk|
|Help / Help_talk||Tiwisi /|
|Category / Category_talk|