|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikiversity Slovak|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||sk (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Slovak||Language name in English|
|Language name||slovenčina||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q9058 - item has currently the following values:||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Links||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||"Wikiversity" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikiversity talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Continent/City||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit Phabricator task. It will include everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings. After creating the task, add a link to the comment.|
- Support tommyv580@skwiki --Tommyv580 18:11, 6 February 2008 (UTC)
- Support Matom@skwiki --Mato2593 12:18, 10 February 2008 (UTC)
- Gigantical support: Slovak is a language spoken by millions of people worldwide! --OosWesThoesBes 12:36, 10 February 2008 (UTC)
- Super Duper Giant Support: Feeling free to be a bit childish like OosWesThoesBes. The Slovak Wikipedia is a very active wikipedia. More than 100,000 articles is very large. A Wikiversity is a great step in Slovakian education. Kanzler31 22:16, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
- Some support --Mimarik (talk) 17:07, 20 January 2013 (UTC)
- I am interested to cooperate in preparing and support the Slovak version sk.wikiversity.org Joe (talk) , 15 July 2013 (UTC)
- I'm open to mainter this language mutation. Alone i want create 2 pages +1 later, with my custom themes. ✍️ Dušan Kreheľ (talk) 08:20, 26 April 2021 (UTC)
- Support --V0lkanic (talk) 16:39, 22 June 2023 (UTC)
Anyway guys, I see the support so why not to come to Wikiversity Beta and to start to incubate a project?--Juan de Vojnikov 17:15, 21 September 2008 (UTC)
- But - how to do it? --Mimarik (talk) 17:08, 20 January 2013 (UTC)
Well, there's betawikiversity:Mehxaniko but it doesn't seem to have any actual content.That's in the Slovak category but it is written in Esperanto. Let me see if I can find any real Slovak pages. πr2 (t • c) 19:23, 20 January 2013 (UTC)
I'm personaly bit against whole new project for slovak language. Slovak wikibooks (which are in this state able to be used as base for educational sources) are absolutely silent. --Filipadamer (talk) 14:07, 25 May 2013 (UTC)
Please write there Slovak Wikiversity pages and place it in betawikiversity category SK.
- Hlavná strana (Main page)