Steward clerks are a group of volunteers who assist the stewards by answering and processing tickets created by people who are affected by a global proxy block. These tickets will be held in a dedicated VRT queue for global proxy blocks. Each ticket must be reviewed by a steward prior to being sent to the proxy queue. Based on existing policies and the guidance of the Stewards, clerks will assist with processing tickets and advise users on the available options to continue editing. Clerks are required to sign both the ANPDP and the VRT confidentiality agreement. Clerks are named on an as-needed basis pursuant to the consensus of the Stewards.
The program will have a trial period of 90 days, beginning March 27, 2023. After the trial, the performance of the program will be assessed by the Stewards. Following that review, Stewards will determine the viability and/or scope of the program going forward.
- Remain active and compliant with on-wiki policies and steward guidance
- Have a solid understanding of the basics of proxies (types, usage, detection, etc.)
- Not have the authority to take on-wiki actions in their capacity as a clerk
- Not represent themselves as Stewards
- Provide outbound responses to concerned parties only related to the global proxy blocks affecting them
- Be provided a means by which to communicate with Stewards and other clerks securely and confidentially
- Not share details relating to any ticket they have observed in the proxy queue with any individual who is neither a Steward nor a Steward Clerk
- Observe and follow all relevant local policies
Project coordinators are responsible for the onboarding, training of clerks, and ensuring policy compliance. Stewards may volunteer to assist with the program as additional project coordinators on an as-needed basis. The current project coordinators are:
There are two application phases to start:
- Rapid round: Apply between March 19-22 UTC, Internal review: March 23-26 UTC, starting March 27 UTC (up to 6 people - those not selected for rapid round will automatically be reconsidered for regular round)
- Regular round: Apply between March 23-29 UTC, Internal review: March 30-April 2 UTC, starting April 3 UTC
Please apply to steward-clerksgooglegroupscom. Preference will be given to those willing to use off-wiki communication methods (most likely IRC) to help with coordination and questions. When applying, please give a quick paragraph about why you would be a good fit.
Please note, signing of ANPDP and the VRT confidentiality agreement is a requirement. You will not be added to the project until this is completed.
This policy is released under CC0.