Supporting Indian Language Wikipedias Program/Support/DashNistha
- Wikipedia username
- Email (optional)
Please tell us which existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions you are contributing to, and some of your best contribution towards the project and movement. Please add relevant Wiki/external link wherever applicable
I focus on my local language Wikipedia (Odia wikipedia). I love to edit current affair and culture related articles in it as I want to see more numbers of odia articles in internet and Odia Wikipedia.
- I was the top contributor (with 21 articles) in GI EDIT-A-THON 2015 organised by CIS.
- I’ve organized 2 successful EDIT-A-THON in my local language wikipedia. | Nabakalebara edit-a-thon in 2015 and in 2016 Rathajatra edit-a-thon where 140+43 articles were created and improved by odia wikipedians. While CIS spends heavy amounts for organising edit-a-thons, surprisingly the complete budget for these 2 edit-a-thons was just 4000/- rupees.
- I participate in local edia-a-thons & events of my community regularly.
What type of support you need
Why do you need this support (Internet and/or laptop)
- Currently I have no laptop. that is the main reason of my inactiveness from wikipedia since 6 months. Editing on mobile is not actually easy. as I want to go higher level of editing & working with any wiki project, a laptop is needed.
How will you use this in the next six months?
- I have utilized my old laptop for wikipedia whole time. This one too will be used for various wikimedia projects time to time on communty demand.
- I have planned to work in odia wiktionary to improve upto its best as a complete odia online dictionary within 1 year period.
- Nearly 100GB of important Data (images, videos and article) in my storage awaiting a laptop to be uploaded.
Community discussion and endorsements
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit
- Support--Sangaram Keshari Senapati (talk) 19:38, 16 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support--Chinmayee Mishra (talk) 04:44, 17 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support--Aditya Mahar (talk) 16:29, 18 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support-- Sumita Roy Dutta (talk) 13:29, 23 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support- Abha Pradhan (talk) |Contribs) 19:05, 23 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support----Subas Chandra Rout (talk) 05:30, 24 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support Dedicated wikipedian --Aliva Sahoo (talk) 06:45, 24 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support - Satpal Dandiwal (talk) 12:24, 24 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support - He has been a good contributor to Odia Wikipedia. He should be provide all support.Hellohappy (talk) 04:56, 26 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support--Sugeesh (talk) 17:24, 26 February 2018 (UTC)