Supporting Indian Language Wikipedias Program/Support/Harvinder Chandigarh
- Wikipedia username
- Harvinder Chandigarh
- Email (optional)
- I am a multilingual Wikimedian and my leading contributions are in Punjabi (Eastern and western) ,English,Hindi Wikipedias.
- I contribute extensively to Commons especially on 'Cultural and Natural Heritage.My Global contribution can be seen here.
- I am one of the founder member of Hindi Wikimedians User Group .This Group has got affiliation of WMF and doing adequate progress.I have created another User Group namely "Wikimedians of North India"  which is evolving and taking up various activities.
- I used to write aricles about Wikipedia in various newspapers ,organise talks with writers, readers and media persons .
What type of support you need
Why do you need this support (Internet and/or laptop)
Presently I am using my office laptop for editing on Wikipedia.This laptop contain lot of my office and personal family data which is required most of the time by my office and family members.It restrict my wiki time to a great extent and have limited access to it for Wiki purpose.Moreover I try to make new editors while moving out of home and office but feel handicapped as I can't take my office laptop with me as it is required by office in working hours and by my family members during non working hours.I have placed an idea on Meta under inspire Campaign to adopt "Each One Teach One Approach" for adding new editors.To materialize this idea also I need a laptop for teaching new editors to Wikipedia movement.In addition to it I have placed another idea on Meta under 'Inspire Campaign' "Metropolitans Multilingual Multiplier (MMM)" .I used to make presentations in various Wiki and non wiki forums like given on following links ,,. I also used to contribute articles in print media (see s.no 1-3 on following link) which require a laptop.To add multilingual content on Wikipedi and add new editors through above mentioned User Groups founded by me and to materialise the ideas proposed under Inspire Campaign I need an independent laptop.Moreover my present laptop is not in good condition and it is not working properly and hindering Wiki work presently.It may be non functional at anytime and stop my Wiki activities.
How will you use this in the next six months?
- Extensive multilingual editing.
- Adequate uploading of images on Commons having high documentary value.
- Materializing Ideas placed on Meta namely "Each One Teach One" and "Metropolitans Multilingual Multiplier" .
- Making presentations and delivering talks to various potential stakeholders such as writers,media persons and students etc.
Community discussion and endorsements
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit
- Support--Abhinav619 (talk) 11:07, 19 February 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support --Raju Jangid (talk) 04:16, 20 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Wassan.anmol (talk) 04:47, 20 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support -- Satnam S Virdi (talk) 05:22, 20 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support -- Satpal Dandiwal (talk) 12:24, 20 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support -- Babanwalia (talk) 17:57, 20 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support —Param munde (talk) 23:34, 20 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support -Strong suport,this Wikipedian is putting lot of efforts to promote the movement through various online and offline activities.--Shabdeesh (talk)
- Support: dedicated wikipedian working for many languages. --Anamdas (talk) 03:05, 25 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support-- I have met Harvinder at the WCI Chandigarh and have been humbled by his behaviour and attitude as a hosting volunteer to the gust community members. I have also looked upon his persistent content contributions to the Punjabi Wikimedia projects. I support his application. ViswaPrabhaവിശ്വപ്രഭtalk 15:57, 25 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support--Sugeesh (talk) 17:39, 26 February 2018 (UTC)
10:27, 23 February 2018 (UTC)