Supporting Indian Language Wikipedias Program/Support/Wikilover90
- Wikipedia username
- Wikilover90, Rupika08
- Email (optional)
Please tell us which existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions you are contributing to, and some of your best contribution towards the project and movement. Please add relevant Wiki/external link wherever applicable
- Punjabi Wikimedia, Commons
- Chandigarh Wiki Club
- Organizing Online Edit-a-thons
What type of support you need
Why do you need this support (Internet and/or laptop) My old laptop is 7 years old. I have gotten it repaired many times but it gets out of commission at critical times. The latest incident happened few days from Online International Mother language Edit-a-thon and I had yet to prepare Wiki Page, put notifications on different channels, create list of articles of mother tongues of India that were not present in Punjabi Wiki and my laptop kept switching off after every 10 minutes, so I had to give to repair shop. Because of years of usage it has gotten slow and dies now and then. To handle that critical situation, I had to ask for support from my community members. Some members of Chandigarh Wiki Club also use this laptop to make articles in Punjabi and Hindi Wikipedia.
How will you use this in the next six months? Organizing various online events of Wikipedia, wikicommons and wiktionary in Punjabi Wikipedia. I will also loan my laptop to community members in Chandigarh Wiki Club who need it for online contribution and having this laptop will help us build a stable community in Chandigarh, especially with some people who cannot contribute to Wiki because of lack of computer. We have tried creating articles from mobile phones in Punjabi and Hindi, but new volunteers find it really difficult and give up in half the process because translating from different tabs takes long time and sometimes, they lose unpublished content due to automatic page refresh.
Community discussion and endorsements
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit
- Support Strong support! She is one of the founding members of Punjabi Wikimedians and is currently working hard to build a community in Chandigarh region. She works dedicatedly to teach people how to volunteer in Wikipedia and loans laptop to users who don't have laptops to create articles. --Sultanadeswal (talk) 16:05, 20 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support I strongly support Wikilover90 aka Rupika. She is persistent in her work for the growth of Wikipedia.
- Support -- Satpal Dandiwal (talk) 16:19, 20 February 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support She is one of the enthusiastic Wikipedian I have ever met. A great asset to the Punjabi Wikimedia community and I hope this support will help her to contribute more to the movement. --Sailesh Patnaik 16:54, 20 February 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support Very active wikimedian .--Aliva Sahoo (talk) 17:02, 20 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support She is actively working to build Wiki community in Chandigarh. --Satdeep Gill (talk) 17:48, 20 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support She is doing a great job. If she get this, then she could contribute efficiently.--Sangaram Keshari Senapati (talk) 18:01, 20 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 13:06, 21 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support- She is an asset to Punjabi Wikimedians UG.Manavpreet Kaur (talk) 17:00, 22 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support-Nirajan pant (talk) 15:24, 22 March 2018 (UTC)