Version 1.5 of MediaWiki?
Change My Username
- Hi, please file a request at SRUC. You can also use Special:GlobalRenameRequest. Thanks. Jianhui67 talk★contribs 16:36, 14 October 2017 (UTC)
Help me change my name
Hi, my account's name is "3brother1sister" and I want to change it into my real name, which is "A. Katechis Mpourtoulis". I want also to change into this name all my constributions, if it's possible. Thank you! 3brothers1sister (talk) 04:38, 2 March 2018 (UTC)
- Hi, 3brothers1sister: You can request it here. Esteban16 (talk) 04:43, 2 March 2018 (UTC)
Is the old username prevented from re-creation? This is what I read somewhere, and when I tried it I couldn't register names that had been in use but don't exist anymore. -kyykaarme (talk) 21:33, 9 July 2018 (UTC)
- @Kyykaarme: Old usernames are not protected from recreation, unless they hit the AntiSpoof filter because they are too similar to an existing username. Usually, however, when someone is renamed their old username becomes available again. —k6ka 🍁 (Talk · Contributions) 15:47, 10 July 2018 (UTC)
- You're right, I could do it with my account but I don't actually want to register any names or change my own. I was only testing the function to see how it works because I had seen a comment that old usernames can't be registered, but no guide pages had been updated. I was hoping that someone here would know more, but it seems that the change was so sudden that there is no information apart from the MediaWiki update page. This change might have an effect on someone deciding if they want to change their username or not. If the antispoof feature has no exception for the former owner of the old username and they try to re-create it as guide pages recommend, they will get the message "username XXX is too similar to name YYY". Also this will probably confuse new users who have unknowingly chosen a "used" username, because the antispoof claims that two usernames are too similar even though they are totally different. -kyykaarme (talk) 11:20, 17 July 2018 (UTC)
Help me recover my password
Hi ! I created an username account 'shahab alam' many years back, and forgot password and email address. That account still shows zero edit. Can anyone guide me how to get control of that account again.
Shahab~urwiki (talk) 18:35, 16 September 2018 (UTC)
- @Shahab~urwiki: Unfortunately, we cannot help you recover your account. However, it is possible to file a usurpation request on this page to have your current account, "Shahab~urwiki", renamed over to "Shahab alam". This will not recover the account, but it will allow you to be able to use that username. —k6ka 🍁 (Talk · Contributions) 13:26, 17 September 2018 (UTC)