An Idea of planned activities vs completed activities
Thank you for starting this Hisham.
Is it realistic to expect a list of activities the India Program hopes to do in the up coming month. Given this, the next report can measure activities completed against planned activities and reasons why certain activities did not happen as planned. Prad2609 (talk) 09:14, 7 March 2012 (UTC)
- ...was working on precisely that. Coming up in an hour or so. --Hisham (talk) 09:30, 7 March 2012 (UTC)
License template and Special upload page
- Jyoti, Chaipu is working on it. License template is done (here) and Special Upload page will take some time as it is bit complex. It is now here. Chaipu is bit busy now. In case you are free let me know we can work on it. --Shiju Alex (WMF) (talk) 23:46, 7 March 2012 (UTC)
- Okay I can try up to my level best. Tell me what I can do. Jpnath008 (talk) 05:31, 9 March 2012 (UTC)
Like I mentioned on the mailing list, this report just details events "supported" generally without giving information on what exactly the support was - which could be minor or could be the lifeline of the event. Since both IP and WMIN are supporting (and with the latter organising as well) outreach events, many of which overlap, it is essential for us to know who did what rather than both supporting the event as one may have played a minor role and the other a major one. Cheers, AroundTheGlobe (talk) 08:38, 12 March 2012 (UTC)
- I appreciate the point you made on your posts (here and here) to the mailing list regarding being more specific on what IP did and what WMIN did. We will keep working at conveying more specifics about the work that we do - in a manner that is digestable and useful. If you recall the description of the sequence at this outreach event, it is really hard to concisely articulate such a report for everything that is done - because there are so many folks and several tasks (some administrative like making sure there is wi-fi and some more complex like singing an MoU - but both equally critical) to be done to pull of such sessions. We have posted summaries of the Nature of Support in the monthly outreach session summaries.
- I must caution that it is going to be a tough balance to strike in terms of making our communication comprehensive - but also readable and useful. Any suggestions you have will be appreciated. Hisham (talk) 04:20, 13 March 2012 (UTC)
- Another community member pointed out how it can be done in the same thread. While I understand that it may take a little more of your time, the community has put a lot of trust in you and a detailed report is something that would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, AroundTheGlobe (talk) 07:08, 26 March 2012 (UTC)