Wikimania 2013 Bidding
You are getting this message because you have edited a Wikimania bidding page for 2013.
Many have said that the bidding needs to be brought forward to give teams longer to organise the conference, to enable it to be run more professionally and smoother and to give teams more time to arrange things like sponsorship which can take significant amounts of time. This year an active effort is being made to bring the start of official bidding to before the fundraiser (around September/October, to have a longer bidding period that will run till the end of January and a decision made by the end of February.
Although this clashes with the fundraiser, the significantly longer bidding period is to give those teams from chapters involved in the fundraiser more time. It should hopefully allow teams to create better and more detailed bids. Going forward the idea would be that eventually the bidding would occur entirely before the fundraiser. I though it best to not jump immediately to this to not catch teams off guard.
Just to recap: Bidding will start in September/October and not in January
Any thoughts and comments on this would be greatly appreciated.
Seddon 12:07, 1 June 2011 (UTC)
Hi Around the Globe,
I don't want any thanks. I want a first class ticket to WCI. ;)
- Since the template didn't exist, i created one for you: User:AroundTheGlobe/You've got mail. ;)
- And i will answer it by mail as well. Béria Lima msg 18:16, 2 July 2011 (UTC)
Hi, We need to add other wikimedia projects also -- Naveenpf 05:52, 26 July 2011 (UTC)
- Conference is conducted to promote the initiatives.Success of conference is how much we can bootstrap for this projects. Dont you think so ? --Naveenpf 05:57, 26 July 2011 (UTC)
- Wikimania is a already established event. So I dont think we need copy paste everything from there -- Naveenpf 05:59, 26 July 2011 (UTC)
- Max of 600 people will be there in Conference. Even if someone is not attending the conference and would like to contribute to wikipedia we should encourage that. That is why I have created Wikireach program for 100 days. --Naveenpf 06:02, 26 July 2011 (UTC)
- Removed kept only the internal link. Can I develop that link ? adding other wikimedia projects ? --Naveenpf 06:11, 26 July 2011 (UTC)
Can you please give me contact of Arnav in Wiki Outreach team --Naveenpf 00:59, 2 September 2011 (UTC)
Please look at this
Copyright problem with File:Logo SarkariNaukri.jpg
Thank you for uploading File:Logo SarkariNaukri.jpg. However, it currently is missing information on its copyright status. It may be deleted soon, unless we can determine the license and the source of the file. If you know this information, then you can add a copyright tag to the image description page.
If you have uploaded other files, consider checking that you have specified their license and tagged them, too. You can find a list of files you have created in your upload log. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them at this page. Thanks again for your cooperation. 126.96.36.199 22:22, 9 October 2011 (UTC)
Please fill out our brief Participation Support Program survey
Hello, the Wikimedia Foundation would like your feedback on the Participation Support Program! We have created a brief survey to help us better understand your experience participating in the program and how we can improve for the future. You are being selected to participate in our survey because you submitted or commented on Participation Support requests in the past.
Click here to be taken to the survey site.
The survey should take less than 10 minutes to complete. We really appreciate your feedback! And we hope to see you in the Participation Support Program again soon.
This message was sent via Global message delivery on 21:36, 18 September 2013 (UTC)
How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?
Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.
After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!
In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:
- Respond to questions on the discussion page of the idea.
- Join a small group conversation.
- Learn more about this consultation.
This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.
Last call for WMF grants feedback!
Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.