Talk:Mobile projects/Mobile Gateway
- Done Sure and you're welcome. ;-) Trijnstel 15:21, 30 March 2011 (UTC)
Hi, where does mobile.wikipedia.org fit in? It's the version running on the hawhaw framework. The source for this site is at: http://svn.wikimedia.org/svnroot/mediawiki/trunk/wap/ Jddcef 13:07, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
- Found a wiki page : http://wikitech.wikimedia.org/view/Mobile.wikipedia.org
Am I supposed to get "better user agent please" errors when visiting http://en.m.wikipedia.org/ on a normal Firefox installation (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1)? I have no problems visiting normal Wikipedia/etc (as shown by the existence of this comment), so I'm guessing it's some sort of misconfiguration somewhere. 18.104.22.168 18:56, 21 October 2011 (UTC)
I commented out the predefined selectors except tfa and itn because they don't work. See this bug for details on the problem and this function for the actual parsing made in the code. They can be re-enabled once the bug is implemented or deleted if they won't be implemented after all.--Strainu 22:43, 22 November 2011 (UTC)
Hiding an element
Hi, Is there any option to hide a particular element from mobile front end? ml:Template:Prettyurl serves ml.wp for giving non-percentage encoded URL to users. But it is ugly in article.--Praveen:talk 06:10, 5 February 2012 (UTC)
redirect not working for wikisource sites
If I visit en.wikipedia.org on my smartphone I get redirect to en.m.wikipedia.org. But if I try with en.wikisource.org or another wikisource site, I still get the standard homepage and not the mobile version. Can someone fix this? Thanks. Candalua (talk) 11:43, 29 April 2012 (UTC)
this page and Mobile_projects/Mobile_Gateway/Mobile_homepage_formatting
Only half working
I managed to log in on en.m.wikipedia.org and that bit was properly mobilised. But the "log in successful" page and the watchlist were in standard desktop view. I think this may be because I have used desktop view before (many times) on my mobile. It could be that there is a cache that I need to clear. But I don't know how to... and it might be worth providing that advice if it is the case.
To make matters worse, I tried turning my phone off and on again (the fix for most things) and now when I try to go to en.m.wikipedia.org it just gives me the desktop version straight off!
If it helps, I'm on Android 2.2.1 and using the out-of-the box browser (which it, confusingly, calls "Internet")
- Update: I've managed to get the mobile version working but the desktop version now has problems.
- The problem was that I had accessed Wikipedia previously on my mobile and used the link at the bottom of some pages to change from "mobile" version to "desktop". This meant that when I logged in though en.m.wikipedia.org, it went back to desktop mode. I changed it back to mobile mode and it worked fine in mobile mode.
- The only problem is that when I try to go back to desktop mode, which is essential for editing or looking at my list of contributions, it seemed to get confused. Comparing this morning to yesterday, these issues seem to be still present but slightly improved so I am guessing that you are working on them. The things I have noticed are:
- The window scaling wasn't working last night. Tonight it seems to be working but with a smaller unscaled window than was the case before the "mobile gateway" update. i.e. it's as if I was on my desktop and had shrunk the width of my window to be very narrow.
- My mobile gives me multiple security warnings "There are problems with the security certificate for this site."
- Last night it also logged me out straight away after telling me that I had logged in. Right now it it has just logged me out after moving from my contributions to my watchlist but then it seemed to start working OK...
- Since it looks like you are working on these I will come back and make another post under a more specific heading if any of the issues persist.
- Yaris678 (talk) 10:17, 18 February 2013 (UTC)
I've managed to get MobileFrontend to work well on my wiki, and I'm pleased with it. Super useful extension. However I have SemanticForms extensions, and its form and queries do not display on the mobile version. Any idea what might cause this? You can see an example here. The original form definition can be found here. SemanticForms is a very popular extension, I think understanding why the conflict occurs would soon be useful to others as well Osishkin (talk) 14:09, 21 February 2013 (UTC)