How to translate to a language which does not appear in the list (HU)?
Okay, it was a silly question. Added it at the end.
In ocotber 2004 I put my name into this list, saying that I will help to translat following WQs. Because of this I hoped to get an information (Mail or Message on my talking page) when new texts are avilable. Because of not getting that, I found the new edition only now :-( --Robert 09:52, 1 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Sorry to hear it, Robert, but we didn't put message on each translator's talk, but rely on Translation requests page, Goings-on and . If you have an interest on translation help still now, please keep looking those pages. Thank you. --Aphaia | WQ2翻訳中 | talk 06:35, 13 Mar 2005 (UTC)
Why is this the "Blue Edition"-- should the cover be blue? -- user:zanimum
Yes, the original cover idea was with blue overtones. We can't have spring/summer/fall/winter editions since those are geography-dependant, but we can have color editions throughout the year. +sj+ 10:08, 1 Feb 2005 (UTC)
Why don't my changes show on the history tab? RoseParks 03:00, 16 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- probably because you were editing a template. Anthere
The "3D" version of the logo is kinda cheesy. -- user:zanimum
In Pg. 6 some quotes are expected to be translated into English. I mean non English quotes. Your translation will be appreciated.
- Sep 1: "Personne ne sait tout, mais tout le monde sait quelque chose." --SVM
- "No one knows all, but the whole world knows something." (tout le monde is "everyone" or "all" and not the whole world (that would be word-for-word) So it's No one knows all, but eyeryone knows something.)
- Sep 23: "Won't you be a saint and kick them over a few bucks during their pledge drive?" --The Village Voice
- It is unclear to me: supposingly few bucks = dollar, pledge drive = (September) fund drive? (yes. --+sj+)
- Sep 25: "Das Überraschende aber: Die Ordnung siegt über das Chaos." --Leipziger Volkszeitung
- But the surprise is: Order wins out over Chaos.
- Jan 5: "On a l'impression d'être aidée par une armée de bénévoles : un sentiment de puissance, sans fouet ni carotte" --CaptainDoc
- One has the impression of being aided by an army of volunteers : a sense of power, without carrot or stick. (In German it's "man hat.." the unpersonal you. If your language has something like this, use it!)
- Nov : Après le "fast food", le "fast science" --Charlie Hebdo (http://leserged.online.fr/img/charliepedia.png).
- After "fast food", "fast science"
- Sep 23: "ha conseguido reunir 1.000.000 de artículos y se ha convertido en uno de los principales lugares de referencia de la Internet toda" --El Mundo
- [It] has managed to collect 1,000,000 articles, and has turned into one of the principal reference points of the entire Internet