How to translate to a language which does not appear in the list (HU)?
Okay, it was a silly question. Added it at the end.
In ocotber 2004 I put my name into this list, saying that I will help to translat following WQs. Because of this I hoped to get an information (Mail or Message on my talking page) when new texts are avilable. Because of not getting that, I found the new edition only now :-( --Robert 09:52, 1 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Sorry to hear it, Robert, but we didn't put message on each translator's talk, but rely on Translation requests page, Goings-on and . If you have an interest on translation help still now, please keep looking those pages. Thank you. --Aphaia | WQ2翻訳中 | talk 06:35, 13 Mar 2005 (UTC)
Why is this the "Blue Edition"-- should the cover be blue? -- user:zanimum
Yes, the original cover idea was with blue overtones. We can't have spring/summer/fall/winter editions since those are geography-dependant, but we can have color editions throughout the year. +sj+ 10:08, 1 Feb 2005 (UTC)
Why don't my changes show on the history tab? RoseParks 03:00, 16 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- probably because you were editing a template. Anthere
The "3D" version of the logo is kinda cheesy. -- user:zanimum
In Pg. 6 some quotes are expected to be translated into English. I mean non English quotes. Your translation will be appreciated.
- Sep 1: "Personne ne sait tout, mais tout le monde sait quelque chose." --SVM
- "No one knows all, but the whole world knows something." (tout le monde is "everyone" or "all" and not the whole world (that would be word-for-word) So it's No one knows all, but eyeryone knows something.)
- Sep 23: "Won't you be a saint and kick them over a few bucks during their pledge drive?" --The Village Voice
- It is unclear to me: supposingly few bucks = dollar, pledge drive = (September) fund drive? (yes. --+sj+)
- Sep 25: "Das Überraschende aber: Die Ordnung siegt über das Chaos." --Leipziger Volkszeitung
- But the surprise is: Order wins out over Chaos.
- Jan 5: "On a l'impression d'être aidée par une armée de bénévoles : un sentiment de puissance, sans fouet ni carotte" --CaptainDoc
- One has the impression of being aided by an army of volunteers : a sense of power, without carrot or stick. (In German it's "man hat.." the unpersonal you. If your language has something like this, use it!)
- Nov : Après le "fast food", le "fast science" --Charlie Hebdo (http://leserged.online.fr/img/charliepedia.png).
- After "fast food", "fast science"
- Sep 23: "ha conseguido reunir 1.000.000 de artículos y se ha convertido en uno de los principales lugares de referencia de la Internet toda" --El Mundo
- [It] has managed to collect 1,000,000 articles, and has turned into one of the principal reference points of the entire Internet
Your assistance will be very appreciated by me (and other languages' translators)! --Aphaia | WQ2翻訳中 | talk 18:43, 7 Mar 2005 (UTC)