list of badges
- Not currently. I'll ping if we do later. Thanks! --Lydia Pintscher (WMDE) (talk) 10:40, 4 August 2014 (UTC)
Incubator's Wp/azb/Link FA
- Incubator isn't currently supported by Wikidata so this is out of scope for now. Thanks though! --Lydia Pintscher (WMDE) (talk) 10:40, 4 August 2014 (UTC)
"Requests for different icons"?
What is the "Requests for different icons" section for? I assumed the badges displayed on-wiki would be configurable via CSS on-wiki. The existing entries also don't mention anything about the size of the icons, which might need to be configured. (In particular I'm talking of pl.wp and w:pl:MediaWiki:Gadget-featured-articles-links.css.) Matma Rex (talk) 22:50, 29 August 2014 (UTC)
- Also it's refered to the "featured list", is there a badge for these featured lists? --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 14:14, 1 September 2014 (UTC)
- I was wondering the same thing. And it certainly already is customizable by on-wiki CSS: On enwiki, for example, the badges currently aren't showing up in Monobook because w:en:MediaWiki:Monobook.css for some reason is already overriding the bullet images. Anomie (talk) 11:53, 2 September 2014 (UTC)
- @Anomie: The Good News is, per bugzilla:70332 the badge for featured list, d:Q17506997, will be added. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 11:11, 4 September 2014 (UTC)
- @Anomie: Fixed (check an example). Helder 14:12, 4 September 2014 (UTC)
- You missed my point, Helder. I wasn't complaining that enwiki wasn't showing the icons in Monobook, I was questioning the existence of this "Requests for different icons" section since local wikis can just override the icons in their MediaWiki:Common.css if they don't like the defaults. Anomie (talk) 14:57, 4 September 2014 (UTC)
- Hi, while local wikis can indeed change the icons locally, we should still support some widely used icon sets. So the section is there to determine which icons are used on lots of wikis so we can see which icons should be supported by the software. This reduces css being duplicated on lots of wikis and makes different skin support much easier. All other wikis will still have to implement their custom styles themselves but I can always help them and perhaps there will also be some documentation how to do this. -- Bene* (talk) 20:39, 4 September 2014 (UTC)
Request for additional badge
Many Wikipedias (especially Swedish, Cebuano and Waray Wikipedia) have a high amount of bot created articles. The numbers are too high, that the bot-created articles can't be queried by CatScan anymore. The creator of an article is language specific and can't be done with a Wikidata statement.
Therefore I would like to introduce a badge "Bot generated". With badge qualifiers it could also be stated, which bot (e.g. Lsjbot) has created an article. Later, when badges can be queried, it would be easy to query who (bot or human) has created a specific article. --Kopiersperre (talk) 16:22, 1 July 2015 (UTC)
- Not a bad idea, but I think that a better place to propose this would be d:Wikidata:Project chat. --Stryn (talk) 16:42, 1 July 2015 (UTC)