- Are there any other potential venues? A list of brainstorming ideas, perhaps?
- Have there been specific contacts with potential lodging providers?
- Is there a list of potential sponsors? Again, brainstorming would be fine. +sj | help with translation |+ 18:25, 12 September 2006 (UTC)
This bid needs quite a bit more detail on the possible venue itself, such as where it is in the city and what the venue's spaces are like; what hotels are near the venue; and as Sj says, brainstorming about possible sponsors. Thanks! In the meantime, I will be daydreaming of burek and meze. -- phoebe 04:19, 14 September 2006 (UTC)
- Ok here is what I got:
- Firstly, transportation in Istanbul is conducted mostly by land and sea. The proposed vennue, bahcesehir university, is near a domestic port (ships travel to and from Istanbuls other areas)
- There are numerous hotels including a 5-star one, en:Çırağan Palace near the vennue. Since the vennue is very close to the "domestic port" most of Istanbul is basicaly nearby the vennue.
- I believe the University will sponsor the wikimania as well as finding other sponsors. Currently standing,although unoffical, they are more than interested in actualy help organising the event.
- -- Cat chi? 09:21, 16 September 2006 (UTC)
I am not certain if Bahcesehir university is interested in venue business. Venue ides is for the taking. I have patience but I do not have that kind of patience to get basic info from venue people. -- Cat chi? 23:33, 14 December 2006 (UTC)