- 1 Mockup for a general overview list
- 2 Sundanese
- 3 Splitting up into sections based on article count?
- 4 anomalies in the "Navigation" menue while selcting a different languages in Special:Preferences
- 5 Wikinews
- 6 Wikisource
- 7 Accessiblity
- 8 wiki by inception date
- 9 BUG in the links?
- 10 Recent projects
- 11 Classic
- 12 Thanks
- 13 suggested link
If this is supposed to be an international page, it really ought to avoid abbreviations and jargon like "VP, RfA, QP etc" which only fairly active editors on the English Wikipedia are likely to understand. Angela 19:51, 16 May 2004 (UTC)
- Clarified via links to the pages in question. Sj 08:06, 22 May 2004 (UTC)
Mockup for a general overview list
- the purpose is to unify Wikipedia languages, Wikimedia Embassy and Administrators_of_various_Wikipedias so that we end up with one concise list of all projects (Complete_list_of_wikimedia_projects) and this table.
- I'm not sure what to do about Complete list of language Wikipedias available
- I left out all statistics because these informations are better presented by Erik Zachte's scripts
- colours are ugly, I know ;-)
- which columns do you regard as superfluous?
- which columns are missing?
- Statistics is imho not important. And the "Press" only exists on very few, very big ones I think... TheK 00:18, 26 Jul 2004 (UTC)
- This is definitely more editor-friendly than the Admin page, with its mysterious though space-saving jargons. A-giâu 01:55, 26 Jul 2004 (UTC)
I'm not sure if it is the right room...
When I put an interlanguage link on any pages of this projects, a link Bahasa Sunda will appear. I just want to inform that these appearance was wrong, since the "Sundanese language" means "Basa Sunda", and not "Bahasa Sunda". Can anybody change it? Thx, Kandar 10:15, 2 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- I will take care. Regards Gangleri | Th | T 20:25, 2005 Apr 30 (UTC)
Splitting up into sections based on article count?
How many people actually keep track of article counts? Doesn't this make it harder to find a particular wiki? Why are only some wikis listed (those with an article count less than 500 are not)? Brianjd | Why restrict HTML? | 01:52, 2005 Mar 26 (UTC)
- Normaly (99%) I use the same interface as the languages of the wiki's.
- I noticed that the numbers of items in the "Navigation" menue differs between the wikis:
- If you change the user interface to another language then the une used for the wiki you maigth have the following anomalous situations:
- a) if you look at lt: with the interface in Romanian language you will see 'more items then available: 7 not 5
- b) if you look at ro: with the interface in Latvian language you will see 'less items then available: 5 not 7
- c) Because lack of coordination you will follow a link which maight be "labeled" differntly, it maight have another content then you expect.
- The seccond navigation item at en: is en:Wikipedia:Community Portal linked to de:Wikipedia:Portal linked to ca:Portada (in the article namespace).
- The last is the first navigation item at ca:. The seccond navigation item at ca: is ca:Viquipèdia:La taverna linked to en:Wikipedia:Village pump and de:Wikipedia:Forum.
- According to my opinion harmonising the wiki's would be the most suitable solution.
- I have no idea about how to solve the problem "with software". Interlanguage links have improuved but there are still many conflicts regarding these pages as one can see. (ca:Portada maight be linked to en:Main Page, de:Hauptseite etc.)
- Regards user:gangleri
- P.S. Please follow and or contribute to the discussion about this issue at Talk:Wikimedia projects. Thanks in advance!
There are not Wikinews site in the list 20:45, 30 May 2005 (UTC)
- Good point. I've started this section now, but it needs more languages and more links to complete it. Angela 06:31, 31 May 2005 (UTC)
Wikisource has been split up onto languages and this table does not reflect that--22.214.171.124 14:08, 15 December 2005 (UTC)
- There should be project to evolve MediaWiki while ensuring the greatest accessibility.
- The accessibility features that do exist should be collated for concerted implementation (for those for whom accessiblity is essential).
wiki by inception date
Do we have a table which lists projects by creation/inception date? John Vandenberg 00:02, 5 August 2008 (UTC)
I clicked wikipedia from the links on this page using internet explorer 8 and got "the page is not valid" and this was in the nav bar.
- I had the same problem with wikipedia, wikiquote, wikibooks... links. Now fixed (I hope!) --FRacco (talk) 15:51, 15 July 2012 (UTC)
Yeah it is odd
Thobile Ngwane (talk) 20:38, 19 February 2016 (UTC)