Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please inform other users about these changes.
- Recent software changes
- (Not all changes will affect you.)
- Future software changes
- MediaWiki will stop supporting XHTML 1.0 and HTML versions lower than version 5. HTML5 will now be the default language for pages created by the software.  
- The software will check if all uploaded files are secure and match their type. 
- The Wikimedia Commons Android app will come out of the beta phase on its next release. 
- Account creation by manual log-in will now be recorded in the account creation log (bug 42434). 
- Links to file description pages will again be accessible directly from within videos (bug 43747). 
- The software behind recent changes patrolling was re-written; the change fixes issues related to patrolling new pages, among other things. 
- During a meeting, developers agreed on rules about making big changes to the software. 
- There is now a category to list pages with invalid music code. 
Tech news prepared by tech ambassadors and posted by Global message delivery • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.