Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
- A temporary fix helped wikis make their main pages more mobile friendly. This was in 2012. It has not been recommended since 2017. The mobile main page special casing stopped working 14 July. 60 wikis now have main pages that don't work well on mobile. You can see which ones, how to fix it and how to get help in Phabricator. This is the same problem that was reported in Tech News 2020/24 and 2020/26.
- There is a problem with the interlanguage links. The interlanguage links are the links that help you find a specific page in a different language. The sorting is broken. The developers are working on a solution. 
- Some users keep getting the notifications for the same event. Some of these are old events. 
- Some users have trouble logging in. This is probably a browser cookie problem. The developers are working on understanding the problem. If you have trouble logging in you can see the details on Phabricator. 
Changes later this week
- The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from ٢١ تەممووزی. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from ٢٢ تەممووزی. It will be on all wikis from ٢٣ تەممووزی (calendar).
- There is a
Printable version link. This will disappear. That is because web browsers today can create a printable version or show how it will look in print anyway. 
Tech news prepared by Tech News writers and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.