Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
- A temporary fix helped wikis make their main pages more mobile friendly back in 2012. Using it has not been recommended since 2017. The mobile main page special casing stopped working 14 July and 60 wikis now have main pages that don't work well on mobile. You can see which ones, how to fix it and how to get help in Phabricator. This is the same problem that was reported in Tech News 2020/24 and 2020/26.
Issues and maintenance
- The sorting of interlanguage links which link to the page in different languages is broken. The developers are working on a solution. 
- Some users keep getting the notifications for the same event. Some of these are old events. 
- Some users have trouble logging in. This is probably caused by a problem with browser cookies. The developers are working on understanding the problem. If you have trouble logging in, please report the details on Phabricator. 
Changes later this week
- The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 21 July. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 22 July. It will be on all wikis from 23 July (calendar).
Printable version link will disappear because web browsers today can create a printable version themselves. 
Tech news is prepared by Tech News writers and posted by a bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.